• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Service/Repair tech in eastern MA?

birddog

Addicted Member
I'm looking for a Tech for basic repairs and maintenence for my small (But growing!) collection. I have an assortment of equiptment, from KLH to Sansui, Klipsch to AR, and just need some one who can clean, align, repair as needed. Ideally I would love to find a person who loves the stuff, and works out of home or a small shop, rather than some large, heartless entity that won't remember my name when I stop in for service. I'm just north of Boston, near many major hiways, so travel isn't to big of a deal, but north of Boston or southern NH would be best. Your recommendations would be apreciated, I haven't been able to locate any one in my area yet, other than New England Speaker, in Stoneham, but have not found any one who has used them, and could recommend them. Thanks in advance for your help! :music:
 
Register to hide this ad
check out audioproz.com or .net. Or just look up audiopros in cambridge. Crazy place, but they certainly know what's up.
 
Audio Pro in Watertown, his shop is a museum, lots of used vintage tube and SS gear. He has serviced much of my tube gear and aligned my FM tuners and receivers.
Audio Lab in Harvard Sq. You'll get a chance to see some nice new Mac gear, services vintage tube and SS gear. He did an excellent job aligning my Fisher 400.
 
Seconded!

They're at www.audioproz.com. We kid around but Vince at AP really is a curator of all things audio - ancient and new - and was an engineer at KLH back in the day and a working musician which makes for interesting and informed discussions of music reproduction. He understands Ancient Audio but has no gripes against new tech that proves it value. I was running a full vintage set-up when I met these guys but ended up with a very interesting hybrid rig with auld Sansui and brand-new modified speaks.

Destructor said:
Audio Pro in Watertown, his shop is a museum, lots of used vintage tube and SS gear. He has serviced much of my tube gear and aligned my FM tuners and receivers.
Audio Lab in Harvard Sq. You'll get a chance to see some nice new Mac gear, services vintage tube and SS gear. He did an excellent job aligning my Fisher 400.
 
PA pro gear New England speaker. Tune ups to repairs Audio Lab. Total reconditioning. Stereo Surgeon, Hartford Ct. Just places I've had work done. Liked the speakers at Audio Lab. and as said interesting gear.
 
The Audio Lab in Cambridge is always a safe bet - they're not in it to just get your gear working, they make sure it's working RIGHT before it leaves their shop.
 
benricci said:
The Audio Lab in Cambridge is always a safe bet - they're not in it to just get your gear working, they make sure it's working RIGHT before it leaves their shop.

I agree with that
 
PeterFCassidy said:
We kid around but Vince at AP really is a curator of all things audio - ancient and new - and was an engineer at KLH back in the day and a working musician which makes for interesting and informed discussions of music reproduction. He understands Ancient Audio but has no gripes against new tech that proves it value.

How old is Vince? When I've met him he seemed close to my age of mid 40's.
 
Back
Top Bottom