• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Music Hall A15.2 advice

catchAwave

New Member
Hey All!

Not sure this is the right place for this thread (mods please move if necessary). I'm new here at AK and have been lurking for a bit and have learned a LOT from everyone. I thank y'all in advance!

I need some advice on a purchase. I found a Music Hall A15.2 integrated amp that has never been used, however it has a dent/warp at the bottom (see pictures). It is barely noticeable when sitting flat. They are asking $340 for it (retail $500). I have looked everywhere for a used one and they are quite hard to come by right now.

Do you think this cosmetic damage will have a strong (if any) affect on what it will produce/sound? Is this a good deal?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • SAM_0005.jpg
    SAM_0005.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_0006.jpg
    SAM_0006.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 29
Register to hide this ad
Can you listen to the amp before you buy it? Otherwise, it would be hard to assess whether this dent/warp will lead to a problem. Does the seller know how the amp was damaged?
 
It was a misplaced "open box" item from One Call. Hence, will not be able to test it. They do not know the cause of the damage but say its in working condition.

Update: They said if I was unhappy with it I can send it back and they'll pay the return shipping. So I went ahead and purchased it. I might add, the service at One Call is superb! Highly recommend them.
 
I unfortunately lost my headphones during my move. They were some old (circa '89) Yamaha studio headphones. Which, come to think of it, headphones should now be my next purchase.

But I picked up some Celestion 5 speakers the other day which I'm itching to set up!
 
Back
Top Bottom