No bass extension. :scratch2: It's hard to tell but those look like 6.5" woofers, maybe 8" + that port tube is really short, so that would add up to a system that was designed to maybe only reach to @60Hz? So it was probably optimized for lower-power receivers.
No damping material? That might contribute to lower quality bass i.e. boominess and smeared notes.
That woofer has a really large magnet, plus the bumped pole plate means the cone has some good excursion capabilities. Can't really tell what the tweeter is, though there looks to be a shiny surround gleaming through the grill cloth, so maybe a small cone tweeter but it also uses a large magnet. If designed properly, paper cone tweeters can sound very good but their dispersion angle can be a bit narrow.
Crossover looks good too, I'm guessing a 12dB/octave type, not something used on cheap entry-level speakers. Look like ferrite-bobbin inductors, not "hi-end" but absorb less power than air-core types.
I dunno - personally I would keep'em in the house

, add some damping material & maybe pair them up with a little hundred dollar 8" powered sub like Sony or Yamaha sells.