• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Nikko Stereo

Unclesalty

New Member
Hello everyone! My name is Robert and I recently got my fathers old stereo equipment from when he was my age. He wanted to throw it away but I wanted to keep it since I used it a lot when I was little and have fond memories of it. Anyways it's a early 80's Nikko. It consists of an amplifier, am/fm radio and a cassette player. I just got some Sony bookshelf speakers to go with it but I want something better sounding. I like sound bars and newer style speakers but like everything modern, it's becoming wireless. What are a good speaker set up that's wired and doesn't break the bank.

Also some of the dials on the amplifier aren't working and need repair. In the Los Angeles region, what is a good repair shop to get those fixed.

Thank you.



 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK Robert. Can't help you with your service in the LA area but I am sure someone will be along shortly.
As far as your speaker question, What music do you listen to? How much do you want to spend? How big is your space?
 
Also some of the dials on the amplifier aren't working and need repair. In the Los Angeles region, what is a good repair shop to get those fixed.

By "dials" do you mean the 2 watt (power) meters or are you talking about the knobs?

If you're talking about the knobs, then make sure that the (very tiny) setscrews are tight (if equipped). Otherwise, the knob potentiometers might just need cleaning (which you might be able to do yourself with maybe a little help from your fellow AK members that know about this system).

If you're talking about the 2 power meters, then those can often be left "as is" or repaired if you like.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your system!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom