• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Have you ever seen a Strellioff DC1?

Register to hide this ad
Not for years I am afraid to plug it in. It was held hostage by an Ex-wife.....
The last thing in the world i want to experience is that sick feeling of “Is something burning?"
I have no idea who to trust with this amp.
But the last time I heard it was it beyond description!
All of the usual adjectives to 10th power!
 
Last edited:
Some amp porn please
I wanna see it nakid

Ok It's coming , but right now the DC1 & a SG9500 are the support for a Spec 1 & 2.
I know WTF thats audio blasphemy!!!!
It’s temporary as soon as I get some help I will pull the DC1 out of the rack & strip her naked for you to see in all her glory.... But i don’t want to damage anything.

Think of this as “A audio strip tease” Don’t want to show you the “money shot” to start off with.:D
 
While I was ststioned in Texas, a local friend had one and I remember it sounded pretty good. Unfortunately it, along with a bunch of other cool gear was lost in a fire.
 
Reviving an old thread with rare audio porn!

Well I finally got a chance to open up this rare amp and take some photos.
The build quality, engineering & attention to detail are amazing!
The photos say it all!

Thanks to blhagstrom for the technical assistance & help.
You are the man:ntwrthy:

Next challenge to obtain a parts list or schematic from the original designer & builder..And the get her restored!
Enjoy
PQ













 
You can learn more about this company & design here 3rd amp down the page.

http://www.icehouse.net/john1/index001.html

These amplifiers used the first feed forward dual diff-amp front end. the output stage was a quasi-complementary design, John Bedini and Jack Strelioff were the first amplifier company to do it with this new design you could split the sing wave into a plus and minus and put it back together again in the output , with decreased distortion. These amplifiers in the 70'swere the first to drive the Infinity QSL loudspeaker systems at ear- busting levels of over 450 watts RMS. The Amplifiers were in a "Pull out Modules" (as can be see from the picture) The front panel included , over tempeture lights and fuse lights,and a power indictor. The output transistors that were used were the RCA 1B05's. the circuit boards were mounted inside the modules connected by Molex connectors. The company lasted for about 3 years, then John and Jack split up the partnership to go their separate ways.


Cheers
PQ
 
Back
Top Bottom