• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Some GOOD fleamarket/Auction finds

englissa

Active Member
Last week while at one of the local flea markets I came across some JBL 4312 in decent shape with a couple issues, woofer has a small split in it for the looks of it somebodys foot getting intio it and no grill covers, how much 25.00 ? SOLD . haul them to the truck and came back to see what else he had, DCM TF 350 in decent shape , how much I ask again 25.00, SOLD so I haul them to the truck that was all that I found that I wanted to get from there. Go to fridays auction after a day worth of floundering fishing I was hoping I would fing anything as i was tired . Nope that wasnt the case , I spoted a Ampex stereo console that had a turn table in one end and a reel to reel in the outher with a stand alone tuner and amp in fairley nice condition so I stay for that. as I'm wondering around I spot some large speakers back in among the furnture , so I go take a look KLIPSCH speaker . Yep I gott stay and bid on them,, console comming up ,, 50 dollars,, 25 dollars 10 dollars 5 dollars yes right here, any one else, SOLD . and hour goes by and their on the speakers 50 dollars, 25 dollars, 10 dollars, 5 dollars again , yes right here, any one else, SOLD Oh the Klipsck turned out to be ,,CORNWALLS ,, and do they sound great YESTHEY DO and I thought hpm 100 sounded good. This was the same auction the Paragon came fron but I got away a Lot cheaper this time

When I metered the klips I got 5 ohm on one and all most six on the outher one, are these's 4 ohm speakers ? Just couldn't help my self Enjoy englissa
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Great job - that's a whole buncha speakers for not much coin - at all.

I can't help you with the ohm measurement, but if the Corn's sound the same, I would not worry about it. Looks like you're gonna have some fun or even make some extra money out of the deals you got. Enjoy!
 
That's It !

I'm going to JERSEY :banana:

so ya got any shots of the Ampex ? does it have the 6973 PP monoblocks ?

you sir are on a rooooooolllllllll :thmbsp:
 
Let's see now....$60 total plus gas. That's a pretty good ROI :tresbon::banana:

Those Cornwalls should be sweet and there are plenty of folks here who will be in line for them if you decide to sell them.

Regards,

Bart
 
markus I'll add them the ampex shots, their just the faceplat and tuner and amp englissa

did you grab the whole console, or just the amps / tuner / preamp ? the one I snagged, the speakers sound GREAT (ask Sixcats!) not to mention the R2R, preamp, and tuner were chock fulla telefunken and amperex tubes :thmbsp:

can't wait to see the pix !
 
Marsus here is a full front shot of the console . I thought of gutting it but its in fairly nice shape . model no. is 5758-2 and I guess serial no. is 1002. The amp section has bad power supply cap in it and keeps blowing a 3 amp fuse, they were warm to touch after i got it out . To answer mech986 question if Id be interesed in selling them NO! They are the best things speakers I have heard to date as I dont have friends who are into the better stereo stuff If I was to find something better They would move down one position and something else would go DAM the really do sound good. Looking at the Klipsch site today I belive they are Cornwalls II 8 ohm 100watts ,unreal. When I get the Ampex tube amp up and running I will hook the cornwalls uyp to them and give that a try. I would like to thank EVERYONY on the AK site who help educate me , with out you I would have never known what some of the better equipment was /is. My hat is off to you ladies and gents. Think pint floyd needs a work out . Later and keep searching thoes auctions and flea markets an thrift stores Englissa
 
Last edited:
DUDE !

if you do want to part out that console, I will gladly take the cabinet - mine is beat to SH*T :tears: You *should* have a 12 inch woofer, 8 inch mid (almost the same found in 2010 'suitcase' amplified speakers, and a funky 3 inch cone tweeter . . .

really nice :yes:
 
marcus get back to me in a few months about it . I may decide to part with it by then, was thinking of removing the turntable and reel to reel and put my turntable in it and maybe use the rtr side as storeage," YES i know this isnt the rigrt place for this disscusion " First I want to listen to it and have some fun with it englissa
 
Great finds,
Did you find these at the Collingswood auction in Wall township which is in Central Jersey?

Sal Brisindi
 
salb203 Found it at Elmer auction in salem county just off of rt 40 . where are you located at ? englissa
 
analog addict Yes I could flip them but then I would need to have my head examed for doing something that stupid, SELLING THE BEST PAIR OF SPEAKER I'VE YET TO HEAR, I thought the martain's and HPM 100 sound good, The klipsch has them beat HANDS DOWN and whats the chances of getting anouther great pair of speakers for that kind of money ? No my friend their staying right hear so I can enjoy them. If by chance I did find A better speaker I might part with them but until then they stay put. Yes I will keep looking and you never know. Question Is their any upgrades or things I should look at on the cornwalls to improve them ? englissa
 
Back
Top Bottom