• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anybody else have Sansui in the kitchen?

SpeakerLabFan

< speakerlab 7's
I saw Nosirrah's kitchen awhile back - with a Sansui receiver and speakers ontop of the kitchen cabinets. So when I was bumming last weekend because I never listen to my small Sansui separates + small Advents - I got inspired and decided to follow Casey's example with a top-of-the-kitchen-cabinets setup.

These are the Sansui AU-505 / TU-505 separates, tuned to a local Jazz/blues station, sounds great. :music:

IMAGE_00697-1.jpg


IMAGE_00696-1.jpg


Anyone else have Sansui gear in the kitchen (microwaves, vcr/tvs don't count)...
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm thinking after awhile your gear might get greasy sitting above the stove. Keep an eye on it. My family room is adjacent to the kitchen...I just crank it.

btw...cool avatar SpeakerLabFan!
 
I have infinity speakers in my kitchen on top of the cabinets.They are powered by my G-22000 which is in the living room.So I guess I have Sansui (sound) in my kitchen.Cooking and doing dishes is not so tedious when you have the warm rich tones of pure power Sansui filling your kitchen.
 
I'm thinking after awhile your gear might get greasy sitting above the stove. Keep an eye on it. My family room is adjacent to the kitchen...I just crank it.

btw...cool avatar SpeakerLabFan!

Yeah, that's true and I'll keep an eye out, especially if I do much stove cooking. Hopefully the range hood catches most of it - I saw alot of dust on top of the cabinets but no grease.

Thanks on the avatar - yeah pretty cool to see those two together in a picture - I read that Joplin was tired and had to be talked into the photo session with Slick (I think circa early 1968) but they were both clowning around by the end of it.
 
That is a sweet looking setup and I am sure sounds as good as it looks.We do alot of cooking in our kitchen so i would be worried about grease buildup over time Grace slick was one fine babe back then.Janis had the voice.
 
Had my Sansui 1000A on the fridge while testing it.

I put my Sansui 1000A (tube) on the refrigerator while testing it and doing recapping\repairs to it.

When I posted it's picture, seemed like the whole of AK wanted me to put it in my main system, It replaced a piece of 5.1 BPC that I gave away to get someones system going.

I'll never go back to BPC (they serve some purposes, but not as my main system).

Cheers!:D

Mark T.:music:
 
in the kitchen

Yeah, I do have some concern that over time the cooking fumes will not be good, but that G 5000 plays pretty sweet while I work in the kitchen.
I have a spare to rotate in there, and know how to clean a dirty receiver, I use some tossaway speakers and a BPC cdp in there, I just love my music.
Casey:music:
 
Pretty cool, SLF! :thmbsp: I bet you're glad you didn't give or sell that amp to me now, and I see you got a tuner that's in a little better cosmetic condition than mine. ;) I know this is the wrong forum, but I recently scored a Pioneer SA-6800 amp, that cosmetically matches my TX-9800 tuner, though not the top model in that series, so finally have a pretty nice component system. :smoke:
 
Right now I'm running a Marantz setup, but plan on putting the 717 tuner and twin 317 amps in there at some point, to change it up a bit.
 
I just turn up my G33000 in the family room and you can hear it in the "entire" house......I'd be concerned with grease over time located there.....:no:
 
Sansui

Grease, steam and excessive heat looks cool but I have a STA 2100 @120 watts aside in my florida room open the window in my kitchen and :music: No matter the name or cost I treat my equipment with kid gloves:thmbsp:
 
Pretty cool, SLF! :thmbsp: I bet you're glad you didn't give or sell that amp to me now, and I see you got a tuner that's in a little better cosmetic condition than mine. ;)

Hi Cliff, On the amp, if you look closely (didn't check to see if visible in the picture here), the tone control plastic toggle switch is broken off. I have a non-working AU-505 (blows fuses) for a parts unit that I'll probably salvage for a replacement control; I can also bring it to the next meet-up for you in case you can use it for parts or to repair it. :thmbsp:

Right now I'm running a Marantz setup, but plan on putting the 717 tuner and twin 317 amps in there at some point, to change it up a bit.

Deli, please post pics when you do - the 717 tuner is beautiful, can never get enough looks at it. :drool:

I just turn up my G33000 in the family room and you can hear it in the "entire" house......I'd be concerned with grease over time located there.....:no:

Yeah, I bet you can hear the G33000 in the entire neighborhood. Wow. :drool: :drool::drool:

Yeah, I'd be concerned with grease over time with a nice amp / receiver but felt ok with these in my kitchen because I cook very little (mostly use the BBQ or microwave) and these are small units.
 
Ahh, you found another pair. Yeah, I should still grab that other one then sometime, after you get what you need from it. I'm not "as" concerned with cosmetics as good sound, although I'm slowly getting a little more discriminating.
 
Back
Top Bottom