• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Miniature Sculpture done INSIDE vacuum tubes...

birddog

Addicted Member
Came across this tonight while poking around the WWW....

Interesting art form, although I hope he isn't using any tubes that are made from Unobtanium!

http://www.sageous.com/sculptures.html

Warning! Some of the artwork inside of the vacuum tubes is of an adult nature! Nothing raunchy, but I thought I should mention it.
 
Register to hide this ad
That's pretty cool John. Also keeps me thinking that some folks just have way too much time on their hands. :D
 
If he is selling these like I would imagine he is, at $950 for one of these, I'd find time to make them too... not a bad paycheck for very little in materials.. I wonder how long they take him to make..
 
That's pretty cool John. Also keeps me thinking that some folks just have way too much time on their hands. :D

I was also thinking that some people have too much time on their hands. After looking at the site further, I think it is more accurate that some folks have too much money on their hands.:D
 
Considering the hobby we are in you'd suggest others have too much time or money? Hours searching for NOS tubes, paying big dollars for them, pouring money out to see which capacitor sounds best, oh then thousands for interconnects and speaker cables, hundreds for AC wall outlets. Hours in a car to pick up a set of moldy oldie speakers needing complete rebuilds. At least they are an artform and making something for the ages.
 
I have over time gotten myself addicted to several hobbies(golf, wristwatches, home theatre, two channel audio). Every one of these hobbies took up a great deal of my time and an even greater portion of my money. That being said, I don't regret any of them. I have had fun with all of them and have fond memories of my time spent with each. In every case, friends that had no interest in those hobbies felt that I was out of my mind. Why would I spend $800 on a Breitling when a Timex will tell perfect time for $10?
I still think that anyone that spends $500 on a vacuum tube full of miniature scenes is out of his fricken mind.:D
 
Back
Top Bottom