• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacement for blown "monster" integrated

qboneus

Senior Member
after suffering a transformer winding failure after a little more than a weeks use, my consonance calaf went back to the distributor under warranty.

Rather than having the Calaf rebuilt I decided to take the exchange part of the warranty and bought these two beauties currently making their way to me..
Also distributor demo's with a factory warranty.

A beautiful pair of April Music/April Audio Stello m200 monoblock amplifiers.

Anyone else use any april or have any experience with this company?


Input sensitivity 0.83 V, 200 W into 8 Ohms
Signal-to-noise ratio 10 to 20 kHz, -100 dB
THD 0.005% at 30 W into 8 Ohms
Inputs 1 pair RCA/unbalanced, 1 pair XLR/balanced
Power output 200 w into 8 Ohms
Power requirement 100/117/220/230/240 V, 50 or 60 Hz
Dimensions (mm) 300W x 150H x 447D
Weight 15 kg each

c_m200_03.jpg


c_m200_01.jpg


c_m200_04.jpg


z_m200_02.jpg


z_m200_05.jpg


z_m200_06.jpg


z_m200_07.jpg


z_m200_08.jpg

tal
 
Register to hide this ad
Dead trannny after a week? Wow...

Replacement looks pretty nice though. I dunno anything about them, but visual factor is good.
 
q,
I've read reviews of the Stellos in the English mag 'Hi-Fi World'.
The reviews were positive.You might be able to look them up(?).

I agree with EW.
A transformer blowing-up after a week........:yikes:
 
Damn....that failed already!?

Sorry to hear it, but the replacement certainly looks like it'll make you happy!
 
Man sooo sorry to hear this about the Calaf. April Music gear is suppose to be high end from my understanding.Hope you'll be happy with the new equipment and better yet zero problems.
 
Thanks for the input.
yeah I was mighty dissapointed when the calaf blew, I was standing right in front of it enjoying some tunes at low volume and helping my son make his mother a valentines card when snap, pop, brachhh comes out of the speakers and the calaf shut down.
after disconnecting all inputs/outs I replaced the fuse just to have the element vaporize as soon as mains were attached.
Said F that boxed her up & mailed her back.
The calaf WAS an awesome sounding amplifier; it is unfortunate that the transformers are not up to the task of driving this beast.
Sadly I was warned in my inital exhuberant post here when i bought it. An ak member worked, or had a friend who worked in a shop that had just replaced TWO calaf trannies!

One of those recently came thru our local shop and the transformer was cooked and Sam said that's the second one he saw that had a smoked x-former? Looks like a nice amp otherwise ;).

-Mike

Maybe it's picky in regards to impedance matching?

Lasted 8 days to be exact!

It was SUPPOSED to be 2 OHM stable and thats ONE of the reasons i bought it to drive my 4 ohm polk SDA1a's
Maybe it wasn't quite so 2 ohm stable?:scratch2:

April Music seems to be really unknown and rare here in the states, maybe I finally have something to post to: the you think you have the only one thread (stateside anyway)

They appear to be good amps from what little english coverage they have had, and the Distributor/Dealer was expounding about the sonic qualities and the significant betterment of my Hi-Fi kit running these rather than the calaf so I am hopeful:yes:
I'm just glad my last foray into Modern Hi-Fi carried a warranty, or I would be PISSED rather than excited again right now.
I made certain after that experience that the April's also had a satisfactory warranty and length.:yes:
tal
 
Back
Top Bottom