• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Dynatron TRANSPOWER SRX 90 • STA 90 USA • Olson RA-400 Receiver

Tower Boss

Super Member
Hello Folks,

Nope, not three receivers just one, but badged a few different ways. I finally got a chance to give this receiver a listen after waiting 3 weeks for its delivery through the USPS Parcel Post Service. It arrived somewhat unscathed, save for a new blemish on the power lettering. I’m going to digress a little as that’s nothing compared to the rare Rotel RX-2002 Receiver I had been waiting to get my hands on. It came via the same service and might be a complete loss due to a combination of rough handling and poor packaging on the sellers end.

Anyways this Dynatron TRANSPOWER SRX 90 is also known as an STA 90 USA for export to the States. It was manufactured by Dynatron Radio Limited in England in the early 70’s. It appears that is was also sold by Olson Electronics as an RA-400. It would have been quite confusing had I not received the Operating Manual, Schematic, Owners Guarantee, Registration Card, and the export Inspection and Test Certificate with it.

I have attached a few pages of the Owners Manual as a PDF to second post. It is referred to as an Olson RA-400 in the manual and an STA 90 USA on the other documents. You will notice the front of the receiver and manual both have the TRANSPOWER SRX 90 labeling and the rear depicts the model as STA 90 USA. Nowhere on it does it have Olson RA-400, save for the manual views.

I will post up some of my impressions of its performance shortly, but I am expecting a nice showing from its tuner section. Until then, here are some photographs of the unit.

DynatronSRX90-STA90Front-01.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Front-02.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Side-01.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Side-02.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Rear-01.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Internal-01.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Internal-02.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Internal-03.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Internal-04.jpg


DynatronSRX90-STA90Internal-05.jpg


I'll post some of the documents below. I'm going to see what I can do with this Rotel and need to get some replies done to folks in other threads of mine, but I'll check in later.

Regards,
TB
 
Register to hide this ad
Here are some of the Documents for Receiver and the PDF scan is a tad to large, so I will resize and attach later.

OwnersGuarantee-01.jpg


OwnersGuarantee-02.jpg


GuaranteeRegistrationCard-01.jpg


GuaranteeRegistrationCard-02.jpg


InspectionTestCertificate-01.jpg


InspectionTestCertificate-02.jpg


Regards,
TB
 
@Tower Boss - Very old post, but i recently picked up a very nice looking Dynatron SRX-90 / STA-90. Any chance you could share the schematic with me? Your old images are no longer showing up in this post.

Rich P
 
@Tower Boss - Very old post, but i recently picked up a very nice looking Dynatron SRX-90 / STA-90. Any chance you could share the schematic with me? Your old images are no longer showing up in this post.

Rich P
Unfortunately Tower boss hasn’t visited the site for nearly 8 years. I’m thinking he won’t see your message.

Dan
 
I noticed that, but figured it was worth a shot in case he's still lurking . . ..

Rich
 
@saabracer23 I just picked this up and figured I'd track down the schematic before I opened it up. The PO mentioned no output on left channel . . . probably switches and pots, but who knows. I'm ok to troubleshoot without the schematic if i can't find one, it's just a longer process. Thanks for looking. BTW, I've been driving Saabs my whole life starting with a '71 96 V4. I've had 14 in all but I'm down to a '99 9-3 convertible.
 
Back
Top Bottom