• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Surround system in my new house

brad1138

Active Member
IMG_8297s.jpg

IMG_8335s.jpg

IMG_8340cs.jpg

IMG_8307s.jpg

IMG_8313s.jpg


Well, I have been building my system piece by piece over the years, Without enough money to go out and spend $1000s if not 10's of $1000s on the kind of equipment I would really like I have found deals here and there, EBay, Craigslist, Garage sales etc. I also used to work at a High end local AV store which is where I got my BP-10s and BI-AMP eminence 300 amp (long story there) at about 20 cents on the dollar. I am very pleased with what I have put together and It fits wonderfully into my family room of my new house :) . The current system:

Yamaha RX-V995 DD5.1 & DTS RECEIVER
BI-AMP Eminence 300 amp. (originally built for Roland piano Co., professional grade amp)
Adcom GFA-545 (currently running 2nd set of surrounds)
Adcom ACE-515 line conditioner
PS3 for Blue ray and games
Sony DVD player, to keep wear down on PS3 and as CD player
Dish Network VIP 722 HDDVR w/750 Gig external drive for storage.
61" Scenium 720P DLP HDTV

*Surround sound speaker setup*
Definitive Tech BP-10s mains
Definitive Tech C-1 Center
BIC V-52 (X4) for surround
Velodyne ULD 15 series II Servo Sub w/matching amp :D
Polk PSW 450 Sub

*stereo speakers*
Athena S2's :yes: running off BI-AMP amp with RX-V995 as preamp.

Although the Surround system is more or less complete, I know the room needs a lot more work. Still working on the house, hanging pictures, painting etc...

These and more pictures can be found by following my "Stereo Pictures" link in my signature.

Brad
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Yoda sez...

You have done well.

I built a new house 2 years ago and man is it hard to put up a picture.

Measure 14 times and finally put that picture hanger or anchor in.

It looks good and will get only better!
 
Back
Top Bottom