• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vampires Kiss...

avionic

" Black Knights " F-15 back shop EW avionics
Subscriber

Attachments

  • 53271C.jpg
    53271C.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC03058.JPG
    DSC03058.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 357
  • DSC03056.JPG
    DSC03056.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Quite a bit pricey..These were not. They sure look good though..:yes:
 
Yamaha likes those wierd lighted power buttons

I have an A-760 and the only thing that kept it for working was a strange way they use the lighting circuit thru the button light.
some how they used the bulb to complete the circuit for the low voltage output from transformer to the protection circuit.
replaced bulb ( odd one) and works great.
 
What was the price of the speaker cables?

You'll have to ask the owner.I'm just a tech ..Have soldering iron-will travel!!



Oh ,Those cables,my test cables , not much...
 
Last edited:
Boy am I excited :banana:

That's my M-4, and it sure does look purty! :yes:


Dave told me it would look nice but I had NO idea just how nice it'd look. Got the amp at a reasonable price, and yup, those connectors are normally very very pricey -- far out of my league (at their usual prices those connectors would add up to way more than I paid for the amp (more than double) -- even I know that's not :nono: a very cost effective way to spend $$). But, thanks to a heads up from Dave, who had a heads up from another AKer, we got those connectors for much, much less than even more reasonably priced connectors I was thinking of :thmbsp: . Initially, the amp was gonna get adjusted and recapped and the only other thing I wanted was something to replace the spring clip speaker terminals. Once I saw it'd be like ten bucks more to upgrade the rest of the chassis connectors, well, I knew that was a good :deal: so I went for those too. Of course, I'll be the only one who knows how pretty it looks back there once I get the amp set up in my system, but, hey, that's cool with me too :smoke:

Gotta love this place! :thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Oh, that's not my speaker wire so I can't answer that query.

However, for those of you who haven't seen these, here are a few links about the amp ...

The Vintage Knob

From that great Japanese amp site The pics are great, the text is originally in Japanese, but these two links are the translations for one project (you'll note they aren't the same, though they are translations of the same page :scratch2: )

Amp 1
Version A

Amp 1
Version 2

Here's another unit he worked on

Amp 2 The only version I could get to translate.


Hey Dave, got any naked pics of my amp, please???
 
Are you saying you do house calls? :scratch2:

LOL..Sure if the price is right..:D
Heres some better pixs. of the Vampirewire hardware.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03061.JPG
    DSC03061.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC03064.JPG
    DSC03064.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC03063.JPG
    DSC03063.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom