The deck was removed from A/C storage after 2 years of hibernation - installed in the system and played back - R channel very very low output ( around -20 dB ) and distorted sound - the tape is ok, plays very nice on other decks. I cleaned the pcb's , the heads ( also demagnetized them ), I played back and forth with the Monitor and Track selector switches - still the same distorted sound but higher output - what i have noticed so far - blowing hot air from a hair dryer to the preamp pcb for 10-15 seconds - The R channel comes back to life and plays NORMAL (full sound ) for hours - if i turn the machine off for , let's say 30 minutes, i'll have to repeat the hot air stuff again to get the normal sound from the R channel !!!!! I cleaned that board on both sides, i did not see any bad conexion, all the caps/transistors/etc are in place, not loose, also i played with the VR ( variable resistor ) and the gain on R channel. I suspect a bad cap, or still a loose conexion on the board , or a dirty switch - although everything is perfectly clean now. Thanks for reading.