• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacement for µPC4570HA-1 opamp?

kotofei

permanent gear evolution
Subscriber
Greetings everyone,

I am going to tweak a Luxman R-117 phono stage and one of the things I'd like to do is to replace the NEC µPC4570HA-1 opamp.

This is an old, ca 30 years dual operational opamp and I believe better substitutions could be found. The problem is it's "9-pin in a row" SIP IC rather than 8-pin "regular" DIP (only 8 pins out of 9 are used though).

Anyone knows good 9-pin substitution or perhaps an adapter from 9-pin SIP to 8-pin DIP socket?
 
Register to hide this ad

Thansks BinaryMike,

I didn't know such adapters exist at all!

I found this one at the same Website and believe it will be better match: http://cimarrontechnology.com/so8dip8tosiladapterpn060301.aspx

This is SO8/DIP8 to SIL Adapter (p/n 060301) that accepts DIP8 dual opamps. The uPC4570HA is a dual opamp and I would like to replace it with the dual DIP8 one such as OPA 2134. The adapter in your original URL accepts single DIP8 opamps.
 
Avionic,

The URL you posted is for exactly the same opamp that I have now, uPC4570HA.

Perhaps, you just posted the wrong URL?

Nope just miss understood your question.Thought you were needing a like replacement..Somewhere I´ve seen dip to sip adapters.Don´t remember where though.
 

Great choice. That's what I used to improve the Nak TA-4A phono stage.

Since Nak phonostage won over Luxman one by a great margin, it might be LM 4562 "to blame" for this.

Or I might solder a DIP8 socket into the SO8/DIP8 to SIL Adapter in order to roll opamps.
 
Great choice. That's what I used to improve the Nak TA-4A phono stage.

Since Nak phonostage won over Luxman one by a great margin, it might be LM 4562 "to blame" for this.

Or I might solder a DIP8 socket into the SO8/DIP8 to SIL Adapter in order to roll opamps.

Sounds like a plan.
 
Sidenote: Be sure to note that the original chip was symmetrical, so you could install it either direction. On the 8-pin adaptor, be sure to align pin-8 of the adaptor with pin-9 on the board. Pin-1 on the board will be empty. ;)

Artie

Edit: Btw, its too bad, I don't see a 7-pin adapter on Bdent's page. I need to do the same substitution to an old TA7136AP 7-pin op amp. :scratch2:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom