• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unknown Russian woofers? ID would be great!

MunkeyQ

Super Member
Seen these for sale, and they look pretty awesome. That's a chunky Alnico slug magnet on there, and the basket seems rather well made...reminds me of early WE stuff. The basket's mounting ears are distinctive.

If anyone can ID these with any sort of info, I'd be very happy. Thanks!

fm5is6.png

6qla28.png
 
Register to hide this ad
Seen these for sale, and they look pretty awesome. That's a chunky Alnico slug magnet on there, and the basket seems rather well made...reminds me of early WE stuff. The basket's mounting ears are distinctive.

If anyone can ID these with any sort of info, I'd be very happy. Thanks!

fm5is6.png

6qla28.png


I would have to agree 100%. They look sweet. I cannot help you, but man they look cool.
 
I'll be of no help with these, but just gotta say they look pretty cool, definitaly well-built. Hope you can find out something on them!

az
 
They look similar to my Latvia Baltic 50 bass drivers. the ears to mount them, the cast basket, the German origin and rubber surround. These are unmarked as well. Wish i knew who made them as well.

1219823765_z7Eau-L.jpg


1219823145_pVxre-L.jpg
 
They look similar to my Latvia Baltic 50 bass drivers. the ears to mount them, the cast basket, the German origin and rubber surround. These are unmarked as well. Wish i knew who made them as well.

1219823765_z7Eau-L.jpg


1219823145_pVxre-L.jpg

I thought the "ears" rang a bell... Now I remember these from a thread or two lately...

az
 
Do they have any model number, part number, something...?
If they do I might be able to help.
And what makes you think they are Russian?
 
Do they have any model number, part number, something...?
If they do I might be able to help.
And what makes you think they are Russian?
I'm considering buying them for a project, but I need some info on them...even if it's just what speakers they came from to get some idea of frequency range and estimate the Qts.

The only markings are a four digit number stamped on the basket (9945) and CCCP, which probably indicates USSR origin.
 
Back
Top Bottom