• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

An informal New England AK get together and vinyl orgy - Sunday May 15th

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
After our very successful winter get together back in February I discussed with Frank about our next event. We discussed that Spring GTGs were tough because everybody tended to be busy around then.

So here's the plan - an informal get together on Sunday May 15th.

Chapter one - we get together for some trolling at the MIT Flea market Sunday morning. Flea market opens at 9 AM and closes up at 2PM.

Chapter two - it's AK discount day at Deja Vu Records in Natick. The owner is Elainie - a very nice, older, Greek lady. Deja Vu has an enormous selection of records and she's got really low prices but for us -they'll be even lower. Most are 1-2-3 bucks each and no crap.
She'll be open from 12:00 noon to at least 6PM so we can come and go as we please. She has ample parking so we run down the street to Natick Pizza or something and do some tailgating.
Deja Vu is located on Route 135 about 1/2 mile west of the Wellesley town line.
While we can't set up systems we could do some swapping out of the back of our cars if we're so inclined.

So, MIT in Cambridge from 9-12 and Deja Vu from 12-6.

It's casual - no tie required!

Deja Vu Records
154 E Central St / Route 135
#103
Natick, MA 01760
(508) 653-6921
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks Jim,

I'm a definite maybe.

The tailgating reference made me think back to my mobile hifi days. '87 Mustang GT (hatchback) with a homemade box in the back containing the finest ADS and Nak gear one could want. It was equally happy facing outwards as in. Alas, a scumbag took it from me.

-adam
 
Crap.... That's my wedding anniversary. Somehow, I get the feeling the little woman would be miffed if I spent it with you guys, lol. Sadly, I am going to have to pass on this.
 
sounds like a plan. btw: was Deja Vu once located in boston? above a bar/club? I remember a record store that existed under the radar above ( or near ) a bar/club ( name escapes me).

in any case. calendar marked ! :)
 
Could be - for a used record store it's too clean to have been there for a really long time.

Birddog, bring the wife - test that love!

I emailed lots of New Englanders but everyone please continue to pass the word.
 
Ah, my brother's college graduation is this weekend. Wish I could come, but I don't think I can bring the graduation with me :).
 
My anniversary is also that weekend (14th). Might just be able to talk 51% of the vote into it, though; hoping to join everyone there. Sounds like a fun day.
 
I have a feeling I'm going to be cramped in my room studying for final exams...boo. I'll definitely make a meeting, one of these days!
 
sounds like a plan. btw: was Deja Vu once located in boston? above a bar/club? I remember a record store that existed under the radar above ( or near ) a bar/club ( name escapes me).

in any case. calendar marked ! :)

She used to have a place in Cambridge or Boston so you're probably thinking of her old place.

She's been a record dealer for 25-30 years.

About 50% of my collection is from Deja-Vu :tresbon:
 
Looks like it could work for me. I'll have to see closer to the date.

I hope I can make it. I had such a good time at Frank's.
 
sounds like a plan. btw: was Deja Vu once located in boston? above a bar/club? I remember a record store that existed under the radar above ( or near ) a bar/club ( name escapes me).

in any case. calendar marked ! :)



I remember Beat Non-Stop on Newbury St, and BiscuitHead Records, also on Newbury Street.

And there was Other Music in Harvard square.
 
She used to have a place in Cambridge or Boston so you're probably thinking of her old place.

She's been a record dealer for 25-30 years.

About 50% of my collection is from Deja-Vu :tresbon:

I wonder if she used to run the Diskovery Records that was in Allston for years, then I think Oak Square in Somerville.

Same person?
 
Is this a "private" thing or is anyone in the Boston area able to attend? I wouldn't mind meeting some new people. If yes, I'm pretty sure I'm in. Also, is anyone else attending the ICA exhibit "The Record: Contemporary Art and Vinyl"? If so, hopefully I can meet some of you there as well. Cheers!
 
Everyone welcome I believe. Great set of guys here in the northeast. May see ya there.
 
Is this a "private" thing or is anyone in the Boston area able to attend? I wouldn't mind meeting some new people. If yes, I'm pretty sure I'm in. Also, is anyone else attending the ICA exhibit "The Record: Contemporary Art and Vinyl"? If so, hopefully I can meet some of you there as well. Cheers!
Everyone welcome - it's a social / addiction kind of thing.

We have GTGs several times a year - usually out in Clinton where we set up gear and trade/sell stuff.

The ICA exhibit looks interesting - we should consider a trip there at some point as well although my gut feel is it's more of a "DJ-centric" sort of event.
Here's the link:
http://www.icaboston.org/about/pressreleases/record/

JimB
 
Back
Top Bottom