• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hafler DH-101 upgrade **Pics**

Steelman

Super Member
Picked this up thinking it may mate well with my Dynaco ST-70.

RCA inputs were a mess so, I made a new mounting board out of ABS, picked up some new connectors, and picked up the upgrade kit for the line stage and the power supply.

Since I am no longer into vinyl, I decided not to do the phono upgrade.

Just thought I would share some pics...

-Vincent
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
If you are no longer into vinyl, then what would you think about removing the phono section completely?

I did not want to invest the extra cash on the upgrade but, I wanted to keep it with the original phono stage intact in case it turns out no to be to my liking and I wish to sell it.
 
Hi, nice work on the pre amp , just wondering did you purchase your line stage cap kit on ebay and has this cap kit done away with DC blocking caps on output C20. Can this be done because the PNPs and NPNs have been closely matched for HFE to have minimal DC offset and is it true the best sounding cap is no cap at all. Did you replace all transistors in line stage with a kit from ebay, if so what transistors were used, were they BC550C, BC560C, just curious. Just brought a Ariston RD80SL, can’t wait to hear what the phono stage sounds like. Here’s a link to my Hafler upgrades.

https://picasaweb.google.com/113336685910601049348/Desktop#

http://picasaweb.google.com/113336685910601049348/Documents#
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom