• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Knight Speakers.

Robint

Super Member
This evening on my way home I popped into GW and found a pair of Knight Model 95DU302 3-way speakers for $6 the pair less the senior 10% discount. So I took them home. The cabinets are 17"x25"x7" the back is held on by six screws. Inside is a 12" woofer with a cast basket and Made in England is cast into the basket. On the label it reads KN 2250 12" Woofer 16 Ohm 45 Watt 84451. The mid reads KN 2250 6" Mid 16 Ohm 45 Watt 84444. The horn has no marking as far as I could see. Hooked them up in place off the OLA's. So far they seem to be holding their own.:music:
 

Attachments

  • Knight 001.jpg
    Knight 001.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Knight 002.jpg
    Knight 002.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 174
  • Knight 003.jpg
    Knight 003.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Knight 004.jpg
    Knight 004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 311
  • Knight 005.jpg
    Knight 005.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 176
Register to hide this ad
I'm not familiar with those at all, but I'd say nice grab. :thmbsp: If you want to really hear them right, hook them up to a tube amp, especially if it has 16-ohm taps. :music:
 
Why would Allied Radio Corp. based in Chicago import speakers from England when CTS and Utah were just down the road? I am assuming these speakers are 1960's vintage before Allied were bought by Tandy.
 
I think they look amazing, and I love those cast baskets on the woofers! I realize that this may not contribute to the sound quality, but I'm blown away by the apparent quality of construction. What a find!
 
probably a rework of an Audiom 60 with some type of trebax horn driver they could use a lot bigger cabinet though
 
Nice woofs! I bet they would make the *bass-is of a good e-wave in a bigger cabinet.

*I'll be here all week LOL.
 
theyre definitely goodmans more toward the mid to late 60's vs mid 50's early 60's due to the cast basket construction here's the earlier basket

pict1348medium.jpg


here's the proper cabinet for them

p2131828.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom