Marantz 510M refurbishment - do my PSU caps need replacing?
Hey Guys,
I noticed today that the lights on the VU meters dim and the bass sounds a little muddy when I crank the amp to moderately loud levels. Am pretty sure the amp is completely stock based on what the AK seller told me when it was purchased.
Is this an indicator the power supply filter caps needs replacing? Or something else??
Note: the amp is currently plugged into a Monster Power HTS3500, instead of directly into the wall.
Thanks,
Scott
Hey Guys,
I noticed today that the lights on the VU meters dim and the bass sounds a little muddy when I crank the amp to moderately loud levels. Am pretty sure the amp is completely stock based on what the AK seller told me when it was purchased.
Is this an indicator the power supply filter caps needs replacing? Or something else??
Note: the amp is currently plugged into a Monster Power HTS3500, instead of directly into the wall.
Thanks,
Scott
Last edited: