• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

G-7000 suggestion for output transistors and variable bias resistor

airtime

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I need replacement transistors for a G-7000.

Which ones should I use?

MJ15025 / 15023
or
MJ21193 / 21193
or
MJ21195 / 21196

They blew out by a failed variable bias resistor VR05. This resistor is rated 220ohms and 2A. What replacement can I use? They come in watt ratings.

Thanks

charles
 
Register to hide this ad
As far as output transistors, any of the above will work fine. I personally like the 21193/94.

The bias adjust pot is a plane-Jane 220 ohm 1/2W trimpot and a 200 ohm will work fine here. The 2A you are seeing in the manual has nothing to do with current...it is the location of the device on the drawing (vertical '2', horizontal 'A' for one channel, and 'C' for the other).
 
Back
Top Bottom