• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Atlanta area service/repair

Loop2kil

Active Member
Any hobbyists or professionals in the Atlanta area interested in servicing my Technics SA-616? It sounds fine for now but I want to get it properly serviced and possibly re-capped so that it can last another 30 years. I do have the service manual if that matters.

I would also be interested in any audio/electronic repair businesses you would recommend around the Atlanta/metro area.

Let me know what you would charge for a general service and what a re-cap would cost.
 
Register to hide this ad
Recently I had 3 Marantz receivers repaired by Benny at Modular Electronics
http://www.aminaaudio.com/service.html
and they all work great. A friend of mine sells vintage audio pieces on ebay
and he uses him to repair and replace capacitors ect..
He's not cheap but cheaper than taking the car in for service at a dealership.
You could probably save a 100 bucks by cleaning, deoxit and replacing the bulbs
yourself then just have him recap and adjust everything.

If anyone knows of an AK membertech close by I would be interested also.
 
You can do basic cleaning on your own. I taught myself how to clean and re-cap and it's not too bad. I'd say give your unit a good deoxit and you'll be impressed at just that. I know audio alternative does some stuff, check with them.
 
I wanted to bump this thread up and give Modular Electronics some love. I recently brought him a Denon Turntable that was malfunctioning. I was going on vacation the next week, so he would have some time with it and it wouldnt be missed. Paid a $50 deposit. Came back, got a call the following day saying he was all done and that he kept it a couple extra days to test it out. Didn't owe him anything else as the $50 was enough. Good guy and he makes his own line of tube gear, which sounded excellent. Everything done by hand. I am going to give him my 8080db next, I fully trust him with my gear.
 
Has anyone used them for speaker refoaming? I am looking for an Atlanta area source to refoam 128H woofers from a pair of JBL 4412s. Thanks.
 
refoam

Has anyone used them for speaker refoaming? I am looking for an Atlanta area source to refoam 128H woofers from a pair of JBL 4412s. Thanks.

Search for GordonW; did my Snell A3 woofers and mids and did a great job at a reasonable price; he's in Marietta.
 
Thanks, I've contacted him but I think he may be too busy. Just seeking out other options. thanks
 
Bump...anybody on refoaming at Modular Electronics or other Atlanta sources? Thanks!
 
Did you call Audio Alternative on Indian Trail? They had a tech at one point when I lived there. Interesting guy, seemed quite competent.
 
Thank you very much! I was completely unaware of them, but they would be convenient, I'll stop by there. Anyone have experience with Northwest Speaker Repair?
 
Back
Top Bottom