• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A Mountain of Gear on craigslist

Register to hide this ad
Looks like the guy was a repair shop owner of dumpster diver. Most of the stuff looks trashed or in poor condition. Probably cheap buy for someone local. The Fraziers and Tandberg r2r could be interesting.
 
Actually, it looks like a lot of OUR garages :lmao:

There's some goodies in there, but he won't get top dollar in a lot.

Looks like our SF gang should check it out, pool some bucks and make an offer.

The SE MI/Detroit crowd would be ALL over it :yes:
 
Looks like a mound of Mediocre gear at best. There may be a gem in there but ya now its in rough shape at best..
 
I pretty much agree on that, but there looks to be some tube stuff, etc. For the right price, I can be had.

FWIW, most of the gear in there looks better than the stuff (or lack of) that I've found lately. BPC shelf systems abound!!
 
least your finding shelf systems. I aint find chit !
 
grumpy said:
Looks like a mound of Mediocre gear at best. There may be a gem in there but ya now its in rough shape at best..

I agree....nothing very outstanding in that lot. You can tell that this guy really does'nt care about his gear, stacking receivers and turntables the way he has. Some collector! Any decent collector would have put the gear on racks.
 
grumpy said:
Looks like a mound of Mediocre gear at best. There may be a gem in there but ya now its in rough shape at best..
:yes:
I saw an audio tube, a Chinese KT88. I like the tube caddy. He certainly didn't
take any pictures to show anything really great. Looks like a ton of good parts units.

Carl
 
Carl, why don't you call him up and see what he wants for it? He seems to be close.
Maybe you could cherry pick some stuff?
He's gonna have a helluva time finding someone to spring anything great for all that.
I mean would you offer him, say $1000, for it? I wouldn't. :no:

BTW, you're up early today!
 
That probably would yeild some nice part units and parts themselves.

If I lived in the area I'd feel the guy out to see what he was looking to get
then go over there and take a look, who knows maybe if your there he'd sell
a couple pieces.
 
Looks like a local guy here we nick named "Half Baked"!
Has 100 projects all going on at once and all in various states of disrepair.
Hope the winner is able to get thru this bunch of garbage and locate a few diamonds in the rough. I am sure they are there but I don't blame his wife at all!!!!!!!!!
Gary
 
Carl, why don't you call him up and see what he wants for it? He seems to be close.
He doesn't say where he is. Could be 2-3 hours away, happens all the time
on the list here. Also what happens is people put 2 nice things in a lot of junk
just to get someone to haul it off here often too, especially with records.
Says he's got all these audio tubes but all I really saw were TV
tubes. Drops all these names but shows real crap. I think he's sold anything worthwhile 'cept a couple of bait pieces. He is not stupid.
But if anybody else goes for it I sure would like that tube caddy and would give them a fair price for it. :)

Carl
 
Back
Top Bottom