• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My RCM cabinet

PrestigeWW

Active Member
I love my VPI 16.5. One of the best investments I've made. My only complaint is that it's no work of art, and generally sticks out like an eyesore in my living room. So I've been searching for ahwile to find a piece of furniture that I can put it in without making it a pain in the arse to use.

Recently I stumbled upon the following unit from Urban Outfitters, of all places.

7338628882_af38192ac0_z.jpg


It's called the Draper Media Console. It's not too expensive, so I took a chance and ordered one. Putting it together was easy, and build quality was surprisingly good. Only problem was the listed dimensions were about 1/2" off in terms of interior depth. As you can see, though, nothing I couldn't fix..

7331251730_a3d0ff3100_b.jpg


I also had to drill some additional holes to lower the interior shelf, but in the end, I think it turned out quite nicely.

7331232952_64b084ab1e_b.jpg


7331232122_95e00464c1_b.jpg


7331282692_a19233f199_b.jpg


I got some positive feedback on another site so I figured I'd post the same here. So if you're interested, here's the link: http://m.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/mobile/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=21062732

Cheers,

David
 
Register to hide this ad
I like it.
Very good idea. Very nicely done.
Maybe not quite finished
All you need to do is some cosmetic work.
 
Looks really great. But you might want to watch out for overheating. The air vent is on the bottom of the 16.5 and you look pretty closed in there.
 
I like it.
Very good idea. Very nicely done.
Maybe not quite finished
All you need to do is some cosmetic work.

Like what? I'm open to any suggestions.

Looks really great. But you might want to watch out for overheating. The air vent is on the bottom of the 16.5 and you look pretty closed in there.

Yeah, I thought about that, but there's room on the sides and the front and it doesn't really generate any heat, so I think it'll be fine. I'll still keep an eye on it though. Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom