• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What would you stuff this cap with? Dual 6800uf.

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
Subscriber
I am working on a Marantz 2285BD for an AK'er and one of the main caps vented. I will be stuffing both caps with two caps each, as these were dual 6800uf caps.

I was considering using these because they are only 30mm long, and the original case is about 95mm long, so there will be plenty of space to work with.

Anyone done this before that would like to share what they used? Or, just have a thought on a good, short cap.

Here is the case.
100_4521.jpg


Thanks,
Rob
 
Register to hide this ad
We need a thread where someone has done this to a Marantz 2500/2600. The 100V+ mains should prove to be challenging when finding caps...
 
Thanks for the input fellas.

I think I will order the caps I posted. They will fit nicely.

The owner of the receiver, Slowpat, wants it to look original, so I can't go the way of Glenn's route. Though that was a nice retrofit job.

Thanks for the links.

Rob
 
I think that maybe the extra 20c in temp rating of these http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Nichicon/LGU1J682MELC/?qs=UR%2bAsA3ox62M0dctq7zlyNNZmvjrzgkB , which are the ones that "MatthewK" used, might be beneficial, since these caps are gonna be contained in a metal can and lose alot of normal heat dissapation. Just a thought. I dunno how much harder it will make it to fit them in the original can though since these are a total of 20mm more in length. I have never done this fix so I have no first hand knowledge. This is a neat little fix though. Good luck. I'm sure you'll have it singing shortly. :music:
 
Thanks for that link. I will take a close look at the cans to see if they will fit safely. The can is about 95mm long, so they should squeeze in there.

Rob
 
I was considering using these because they are only 30mm long, and the original case is about 95mm long, so there will be plenty of space to work with.

Anyone done this before that would like to share what they used? Or, just have a thought on a good, short cap.

I used that same cap (647-LLS1J682MELC) on a Pioneer SX-626 I recently finished. Worked great, and fit the original clamp... although it was a lot shorter.:)

Should work fine for stuffing into the original. Is is a snap-in, if that matters.
 
Stuffed and reinstalled. Recapped the power supply and amp board as well. New relay too.

A bit time consuming.:yes:


100_4542.jpg


100_4540.jpg


Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom