• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify this woofer?

Jon_J

New Member
I have a set of store built speakers from 1985 and the woofers have lost their foam.
The cabinets consist of:
1 x 2" domed tweeter (I didn't remove the tweeter to see if it has any markings)
1 x Polydax soft dome two and one half inch midrange
2 x 10" woofers
I think the numbers on the woofers are:
910A 2080
248307C

The woofers are the ones I need to identify.

Thank you,
Jon
 

Attachments

  • speaker1r.jpg
    speaker1r.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 84
  • speaker2r.jpg
    speaker2r.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 55
  • speaker3r.jpg
    speaker3r.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 70
  • speaker4r.jpg
    speaker4r.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 30
  • speaker-cabinet-r.jpg
    speaker-cabinet-r.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 76
Register to hide this ad
What brand is the speaker itself ? Figure they must be pretty decent if they're using that Polydax mid. That tweeter looks familiar too...looks upside down though.
 
Thank you !

First I want to say thank you Dennis for the information. :D
I would have googled those numbers till my eyeballs fell out...
I have now found a source for a refoaming kit online that matches these speakers perfectly (I think).
I cannot find my original receipt for the speakers.
I usually keep meticulous records of my audio gear purchases.
The speakers were built by Marlow's Speaker and Stereo in Pekin, IL back in 1985.
Marlow has since gone out of business. I don't recall when he closed shop.
I had them powered by a McIntosh MC2155 until the foam rubber disintegrated.

BTW, here's a pic of the midrange. Sorry about the poor quality pic,
I didn't remove it to take it to a well lighted area.
Thanks again for all your replies,
Jon
 

Attachments

  • Polydax.jpg
    Polydax.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Midrange is either an HD13D34 or HD17D34, IIRC, 1.5 inch or 1.25 inch diameter soft dome mids, very nice. The tweeter is a Peerless danish tweeter, typically mounted in an inverted v.
 
Is there some sort of online guide to identify drivers from the numbers on them? I have quite a few unknowns.

Search AK for the EIA numbers thread, use google search. otherwise, post the pics here in speakers and let the collective knowledge of AK be your guide.
 
Back
Top Bottom