• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A small Yamaha

the-real-mandak

Super Member
Well new gear, the Yamaha A100 came home. For a while I have thought about replacing the amp in my computer setup. First I thought about using my Sony TA-N55, but then this little thing crossed my way. Before I used a NAD 708 Receiver and it sounded good, I thought the system can do better so. This little thing comes out of the Yamaha Pro line, meant to run studio near field speakers. Now it gets a little strange, the amp does only support 8 or 16ohm speakers (bridged to mono only 16 and 32ohm), first thing that springs into mind is a small power supply. I know a lot of Yamaha pro gear and that is usually of high quality, so I jumped on it. And it sounds nice, Unusually fore Yamaha it seems to boost the low a little, but in a nice and controlled way. Looks sweet on the computer table too. 50+50W @ 8ohm, year 1988.
 

Attachments

  • A100 front.jpg
    A100 front.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 55
  • A100 naked.jpg
    A100 naked.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 35
  • Computer 1.jpg
    Computer 1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Computer 2.jpg
    Computer 2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 657
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom