• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz + 2238b

  1. A

    First time restorer sanity check

    Hi, I recently picked up a non-functional marantz 2238b and I've gotten it mostly working, but there is significant 60Hz noise/hum. Is that kind of expected when you're operating an amp all disassembled and splayed out on a bench? Basically, I'm not sure if this is a problem that I should be...
  2. waryan

    Interesting Marantz 2238b Hum Issue

    Hi folks. This is a good one. I’ve recapped the 2238b with all new electrolytics on the tone, phono, and amp/PS boards. On Aux I have a serious hum that rises with the volume. Now, the interesting part. If I am playing through Aux, I hear the hum. When I stop playing, 20-30 seconds later, the...
Back
Top Bottom