690III limit

edwin

The maximum power for these speakers is 80 watts. Presently am running my M-85 volume at the halfway mark, am i driving the speakers at more than the capacity since the amp is rated at 240 watts. Thank you.

690III limit....:idea: When you start seeing smoke. you have cross the threshold of your limit.:biggrin:

I run my M-80 attenuators at min.And use common sense when playing with it. BTW The M-80/ M-85 is closer to 300 wpc than the rated WPC. The M-85 is and M-80 with all the service bulletins implimented.Only difference between the two is cosmetic.( front and rear panel )

Thanks for the info Dave. By the way, thank you so much for the recap on my C-85 and the caps and instructions on the M-85 . WOW never thought my system would sound this good. Next project recaps on speakers . Still delaying this project though since these still sound good. If ever, thinking of using the Jantzen crosscaps since a lot cheaper than the Mundorfs. Warmest regards.

I would imagine your 690's are what.. 96db @ 1 watt @ 1 meter. So they will get real loud around 5 watt or less.

Last edited:
I would prefer the original 690 mostly because it is 96 dB @ 1 watt @ 1 meter, they are rated to 60 watts
I don't know what it is on the 690II, but at max input of 80W on 690III you get more volume on the original, and multi-amp inputs:D
who knows what max input and sensitivity are on the 690II?
at some point, I want to get 690s to compare to my 670s

I don't think any of my Yamaha 690 series sounded like they were rated 96db.
That's pretty high, imo.

im an idiot... it says right in my book...
670 96 dB 6.3 watt
690 96 dB 4 watt
Don't be so hard on yourself:whip:
I'm just saying the 12" 3-way 690 didn't seem act any more or less sensitive than the 12" 3-way 90db 690II's or even the 90db NS-1000.
Thus my surprise they were rated 96;)

I run my NS-690 mk1's with a JPN domestic B-5. I keep the attenuators typically at 7 and it sounds good to my ears. They don't seem to be overloaded and the boost in power going from a CA-800 to an AX-900U and then to the B-5 seemed to only
improve the sound. I also never really push them it's mainly a bedroom setup for moderate volume. I actually have an M-85 sitting right next to the B-5 but don't use it much at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom