audiodon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi Don, I'm a AK member for a year and an half now :) Am looking to find a person to rebuild my Sherwood s8000. Maybe you can give me a reference? I'm in the next town over. Lexington. Thanks, Mark
    Hello Don. Need some guidance on how to proceed in resurrecting our family's Fisher 800-B. How can I connect with you? Many thanks!
    Brand new member here and an admitted tube novice. Currently playing a single Maggie 142 mono for hours a day and enjoying it thoroughly. Recently picked up a second unit, needs caps/choke replaced. Looking to see if anyone in Boston area does this sort of thing. Very much want to run both of them but way out of my league. I believe I should start with a simple DIY kit and leave this Maggie project to a pro. Thoughts are welcome and appreciated!
    The shaft does stick through, on the upper right. It runs a dual concentric pot, one for each channel, and the on/off switch is snapped onto the back of it. As far as the part number, I posted the X-101-C schematic in the digital docs forum on AK. I've always replaced pots by scavenging one off another unit. You could, I suppose use an ALPS pot and an on/off switch, but it takes away some of the authenticity. Best of luck and post your treasure in the Fisher forum where there are lots of helpful folks.
    Don; Regarding a Fisher X-101-C: I bought one recently that needs lots of work before I can even begin Dave Gillespie's modifications. I have a few questions that you may be able to answer for me.

Does the original volume control/on-off switch assembly have a mounting shank with threads long enough to protrude through the front aluminum panel and be secured with a nut and washer? What is the part number of the knob that is used with the volume control?

Does the balance control have concentric shafts with separate rear knob and front knob or does it have a single shaft with a knob that looks like the others in the area behind the door? On the unit I bought the balance control and knob are missing. I did learn from Dave that the balance control is a linear taper, not an audio taper control so that will make sourcing a new one easier. However if it has two concentric shafts with separate knobs for each channel it will be much more difficult to find a substitute.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
    Hello Don!
    Please help me. I found You tread about the Fisher X 100. "One of the output transformers gets too hot". I have this problem.No Sound problem but one OT is much hotter as the other ( Right one OT, Front/Top view ). Should it be the Electrolytics caps problems or maybe I have to check resistors first? Which one? Thank You,best regards.Vic
    Hi Don -

Hope your T-giving was pleasant and happy -

I was just going to post this FS on BT - then thought I'd see if you had any interest or need -

Fisher FM-200-B in need of care - I was thinking of asking $85 - feel free to disabuse me of that either up or down - really no idea what to ask for if anything.

Best / IDB / CC

- Text -

Fisher FM-200-B rough / parts or EPIC restoration Fodder
    As found / Untested -

Faceplate OK w/ usual scuffs- dial glass intact / all tubes present / FISHER cord & those ubiquitous yellow tags.

Lets say $85.00 + shipping ConUS via UPS from 10536

Geoff,
    I can set you up with something. Pm me inside the forum and I'll send you my cell phone #.
    Don
    Hi Don,
    Found your profile poking around AK. I am new to the site and live in Southern New Hampshire. Do you have a "store" I can visit. I am hoping to find a Fisher 500C for my home. I recently picked up a Thorens TD320 mkII and need something to match it up with. I have a few feelers out, but not in a particular rush. I am sending a freind request as well! Hope to hear from you.
    Geoff
    Hey Don. Someone on the Fisher forum suggested I ping you about your interconnects:

Send "audiodon" a PM here, and inquire about his interconnects. The male connectors he uses are of a "smallish" nature, and work well with older female RCA jacks. Well made, reasonably priced.

You still selling or making them?

Thanks,

Jerry
    Hello,
    I had posted a question regarding a issue I was having with my receiver and was told that you had a sticky on cleaning pots and such. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to provide me the link I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom