Do other streaming services offer filter or block artist feature?

peet_pete

There are some artists that I just don't care about especially as they come up on the front page where they will stay for a month.
I want them to go away. I am very used to blocking stuff in youtube I guess, actually I spend too much time, like swatting flies but ...

I don't find this in qobuz but wondered maybe some other service does? I don't want to block genre but I absolutely don't even care to see certain artists ever.
Or it can't work that way? Because in theory, these artists or labels pay something for the front page? So effectively ads I don't care about.

I imagine there's a lot of record companies- who have a lot of agreements in place, allowing streaming services to have their content- that would be VERY against someone being able to block an artist, wholesale. Bad for business... or at least I would think that would be how they would see it.

Given that, there may well be provisions in licensing agreements, preventing streaming services from offering this feature.

Of course, that may just be my sometimes cynical way of seeing that. :D

Regards,
Gordon.

There are other streaming services. The only one I pay for is Apple Music. The only suggestions I get are ones its AI derived from what I listen too.

There are some artists that I just don't care about especially as they come up on the front page where they will stay for a month.
I want them to go away. I am very used to blocking stuff in youtube I guess, actually I spend too much time, like swatting flies but ...

I don't find this in qobuz but wondered maybe some other service does? I don't want to block genre but I absolutely don't even care to see certain artists ever.
Or it can't work that way? Because in theory, these artists or labels pay something for the front page? So effectively ads I don't care about.

Maybe the becoming ever popular bottom line increasing "SPONSERED" Whoring/selling out, that that the provider`s are selling out to to increase their greedy corporate bottom line has something to do with the pushing up front paid for "offerings", not unlike "Amasuck" (Amazon !) has sold out to sponsered push several yrs. back, as witnessed by myself and others !

Welcome to the new corporate exploitation, modern version of payola !

Back
Top Bottom