Solid Results with Best Tractor

nebulous9

Well guys, I don't own anything fancy. Just a basic Pro-ject III turntable with basic mods. I have owned the turntable for about 4 months now and decided to change its cartridge. I am an amateur at this and searched everywhere for help and tips. I ended up ordering a tailor made tractor for my turntable to get the best possible alignment.

I am having such damn good results with the Mint LP Best Tractor.
http://mintlp.com/best.htm
Anyone else use these tractors? lol

I also bought myself a Ortofon DS-1 digital scale to get the correct weight.

20120720_172436.jpg

The new cartridge brought back some life to my turntable. :thmbsp:

The Bronze should be nice. I put a Dynavector 10X4 on my wife's Debut III. It sort of overshoots the turntable, but I had it on hand.

Well guys, I don't own anything fancy. Just a basic Pro-ject III turntable with basic mods. I have owned the turntable for about 4 months now and decided to change its cartridge. I am an amateur at this and searched everywhere for help and tips. I ended up ordering a tailor made tractor for my turntable to get the best possible alignment.

I am having such damn good results with the Mint LP Best Tractor.
http://mintlp.com/best.htm
Anyone else use these tractors? lol

I also bought myself a Ortofon DS-1 digital scale to get the correct weight.

20120720_172436.jpg

The new cartridge brought back some life to my turntable. :thmbsp:

Yes, I have one. It was worth the money IMO. Mark

The Bronze should be nice. I put a Dynavector 10X4 on my wife's Debut III. It sort of overshoots the turntable, but I had it on hand.

What kind of mods are on the Debut III?

I have the speed box II and the acrylic platter. I noticed a tighter bass response and a more darker/quieter background after those 2 mods.

That is very nice, but pretty expensive...

Indeed, but I wouldn't feel safe playing expensive records without a properly aligned cartridge. The mint lp tractor gave me peace of mind when listening to records, especially when playing my mint Mobile Fidelity The Beatles Collection I just scored on ebay lol How do you align your cartridges?

What kind of mods are on the Debut III?

I have the speed box II and the acrylic platter. I noticed a tighter bass response and a more darker/quieter background after those 2 mods.

This one has a cast aluminum platter on it. It came off of an Xpression. That's the only mod besides the cartridge. I needed a platter material that wouldn't pull on the magnet in the Dynavector. The heavier cast platter probably makes an improvement on its own, but I didn't try it with the stock cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom