Vintage Record Players, Receivers, Speakers, Equalizers - Anything worth picking up?

Yeah, I try to price what I sell on kijiji a little lower than retail, but I spend quite a bit of time cleaning them up and getting it fixed if it needs it. I went to a place today to do a sanity check on my pricing, and it looks like prices are lower than they were 6 months ago. I will have to adjust my ads if I want to move it.

The OP is just getting into this. He needs a starting point, and that quadraflex looks like a decent one if he can get it for a good price. You need experience and knowledge to pick the good deals out of the bad. And the more you know, the less you need to pay someone else if it comes to getting something repaired.

Yeah, I try to price what I sell on kijiji a little lower than retail, but I spend quite a bit of time cleaning them up and getting it fixed if it needs it. I went to a place today to do a sanity check on my pricing, and it looks like prices are lower than they were 6 months ago. I will have to adjust my ads if I want to move it.

The OP is just getting into this. He needs a starting point, and that quadraflex looks like a decent one if he can get it for a good price. You need experience and knowledge to pick the good deals out of the bad. And the more you know, the less you need to pay someone else if it comes to getting something repaired.

I'm not at all familiar with Kijiji, seen it mentioned a few times. But I've never gone and looked into what it is at all.

I'm not going to pretend that I have an "audiophile" ear, but I definitively can discern the difference between crap equipment and not-to-bad stuff like a Fiio E10K into a Denon 365R (into Domus Omnis) vs the Z200s sitting on my desk right now. But as long as the Quadraflex is "decent", that should be good enough for what I need it to do. I'd rather have something a bit fancier than just an SMSL. Buttons, knobs and levers are sexy, ya know?

It really all comes back to - what is a fair price for the Quadraflex 650. Theres a completed ebay listing for a 650, and a casset desk (with manuals) for $260. One for just the 650 for $200 with some light cosmetic damage.

So, $100-150 to aim for?

That's where I would aim for, with closer to lower if there are condition issues, even if those issues don't bother you.

The Quadraflex is 175, and he wont budge. But hes got something new in stock.

Marantz ST 300 tuner, and a PM500 amp. "Serviced and garunteed working for 30 days"

Wants $375 for both.

-------------

My quick research says that is junk marantz?

Attachments

• 15057516965051158426726.jpg
    15057516965051158426726.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I don't understand why you keep going to this vendor. Overpriced and mostly junk.

Probably been said above, but you are subscriber, check bartertown and/or post a WTB with your price range for a receiver or int. amp.

Its an instant-gratification issue. Maybe I get lucky and the vendor misprices something or I find something at a resonable enough price to justify getting then and now.

But yes, I've realized that he's overpriced, substantially and I will be going to the bartertown later today.

Its an instant-gratification issue. Maybe I get lucky and the vendor misprices something or I find something at a resonable enough price to justify getting then and now.

Or you buy overpriced crap that you will lose money on when or if you try to get rid of it.
Sometimes the quick deal isn't a good deal.

I dont believe Ive mentioned buying anything overpriced. If there was a good deal, or the seller was willing to negotaite, i might be willing to buy on the spot.

But im not looking to flip anything, i just want a decent setup for my apartment while I am stuck in it. Obviously there are no good deals, and I only asked because of my inexperience with audio equipment and the difficulty of finding reliable reviews on most of it.

Since you are looking for something vintage and decent, I recommend you do a google search each time you find something. Most of those searches will result in at least one link back to AK, and you can then read about it here. If you don't find anything about it, chances are no one has ever asked about it, meaning it is highly likely to be crap.

The thing is, if you find something good and it is a great price, if you ask here, by the time you get an answer, some shark will already have it in their grubby hands. It is amazing how good people are at finding your item even if you don't have a location identified of where you are.

Google is your friend and eBay sold listings will give you an idea of value for the money.

650-R sometimes go as low as $100, but $200 is probably more like a fair market price. It's a better receiver than that.

John

Back
Top Bottom