yamaha ns690 tweeter diaphragm/voice coil

harky

any out there know who would stock a replacement voice coil diaphragm for the JA0509
tweeters fitted to NS690 speakers,i have one that had a stuck magnet which is not a problem to re do
but the voice coil is u/s one lead where the coil attaches to the diaphragm is snapped and lost on the
glued section,ill probably wreck it removing the coil.

thanks
Tony

there is a guy on ebay in the usa who repairs them...but apparently you can scraped the coating and solder those, carefully.

You can still buy spares...i have 3-4 but i am not selling them...have a good look around if you get stuck PM and i'll see if i can find you one.

the soldering bit not a problem,problem is the snapped leg of the coil is under the glue at the coil attachment to the dome so little chance of removing the coil
from the dome and keeping it intact,i may have a go at winding a new coil as that would seem the only way as no where has these they are rarer then
rocking horse,short of buying another unit when they come up.

i just messaged hifi do as they have a replacement used driver but the postage is ridiculous more then twice the cost of the driver so that's not happening

Back
Top Bottom