ELNA Silmic II cap question, caps in general

When looking at a schematic, how do you know if a cap is part of the audio path or not?

Rule of thumb, it's a fairly safe bet that anything at or below around 4.7uF is probably signal path.

Have you tried here: http://www.hificollective.co.uk/components/capacitors.html

UK supplier should be able to ship something to you. If it were me, I'd stock up on some extras to make the shipping more worthwhile.

Nice web site...and everything I need...though un fortunately they stitch extra postage on with every single item....and they are a touch pricey....I think Mouser is possibly be a better option when buying bulk... though I just need 3x 3.3uf...and I need to buy min 4000! ....
The above are a very good company - I have had good service from them.

Not for Silmic but this company is good for audio capacitors in general.

www.audiocap.co.uk

I've been using RS components here for general purpose caps....I am pretty happy with them....next day delivery as well.....they just don't have a big enough range...

I am still learning about recapping and such, don't have a background in electronics repair at all... When looking at a schematic, how do you know if a cap is part of the audio path or not? I am in the process of restoring an old Marantz on a budget and want to use audio grade caps where needed and if I don't have to pay extra for caps that I can use in non-audio path bits, that would be helpful.

I also noticed that the snap in caps from Panasonic (the ones linked earlier in this thread) have been discontinued.

You could spend a good few months at school learning the answer to that question....

The best idea would be to start a new thread with your amplifier, take clear photos of boards.....and I am sure people will be happy to help....

Back
Top Bottom