pioneer pd-4550 cd player wont read disc

Lazarus Long

Anyone have any ideas on this? Insert disc and nothing happens. Doesn't even attempt to read it. I opened it up and I can't seem to find the lens. Maybe it's MIA? If the lens is gone, any suggestions on where to find a replacement? It may not even be worth messing with. If someone pulled the lens it probably means something else is wrong.

Last edited:
If it's not reading, then you are correct with your t-shooting. Something is wrong with the lens reader. I doubt you're going to find parts for this unit. Your choice is to buy a new to you one and keep your current one for parts or buy a newer CD player. Sorry to deliver the bad news.

If it's not reading, then you are correct with your t-shooting. Something is wrong with the lens reader. I doubt you're going to find parts for this unit. Your choice is to buy a new to you one and keep your current one for parts or buy a newer CD player. Sorry to deliver the bad news.
It was only $10. I have determined that the lens is missing. I can probably get my money back selling it as a parts unit at least.

I just found the same unit PD-4550 and was having the same problem. The lens was loose, but I found it cleaned it and put it back in place. The unit sounds awesome. tested with an old Onkyo receiver and my test speakers, still sounds alright.

Just a few quick shots of how it´s working like a charm now...

DSC09007.JPG

DSC09003.JPG

DSC09004.JPG

DSC09005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom