RF-7 III's Anyone own a pair?

Room anomalies could be impacting your midrange, many complain the Reference Series speakers lack midrange due to their 2-way design. I live in the midrange, so far response sounds quite flat to my ears, not really drawing attention to any one frequency over another. These RF-7 III’s out-rock my Cornwall III’s, and that was very surprising to me :)

Room anomalies could be impacting your midrange, many complain the Reference Series speakers lack midrange due to their 2-way design. I live in the midrange, so far response sounds quite flat to my ears, not really drawing attention to any one frequency over another. These RF-7 III’s out-rock my Cornwall III’s, and that was very surprising to me :)
How do the Cornwall III's and the RF7III's compare in the high frequencies ?

How do the Cornwall III's and the RF7III's compare in the high frequencies ?
The newly designed Tractix horn is one of the best sounding horns I have ever listened to, maybe lacking a bit of warmth compared to the older Heritage series. Paired with solid state, and digital compressed tracks, they seem too crisp for my liking. But I admit they have done some breaking in which has increased the mid range and mid bass, this gave them better balance. I think the surrounds have loosened up with time which helped boost mid bass and deep bass. I really love the bass, very buttery smooth and deep, no unnatural boom.

Back
Top Bottom