Sx-780 recap/restoration questions

ianmgull

I'm in the process of addressing a few issues with a 780 I recently bought. Several of the electrolytics were visibly bulging, so I decided to replace all of the electrolytics. I noticed a couple discrepancies between the schematic/pcb layout diagram and my unit.

The schematic lists C325 & C326 as part of the power meter circuit. I noticed in my unit that there were jumpers there instead of capacitors. Does anyone know why that might be? Here's the portion I'm talking about:

B5a282R.png

Another issue I'm having is that the right channel is significantly quieter than the left. I plan on tracing the circuit soon, but I was wondering if this is a common issue, and if so where a good place to start is?

Thanks!!

Ok, because I'm a klutz, I've got a new problem!

I was trying to check the DC offset on the output as described in the service manual. My hand slipped and I shorted two pins of one of the stk-0050s together. Now the four amp fuse keeps blowing whenever I power up. Any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

I removed the darlington I accidentally shorted out, and now it powers up with sound in one channel. I guess I'm in the market for a couple replacements now.

Back
Top Bottom