• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Daveintn

Super MWM

  • Media owner Daveintn
  • Date added
This was inspired by the Klipsch MCM 1900 system. The MCM bass bin did not go low enough for my pipe organ fetish so I built a variation with a 108" throat. K-402's on top with 1132 drivers. System is bi amped with a Xilica XP3060 and two Crown XLI 800 amps. Goes down to an honest 27hz.
  • Like
Reactions: gazzamongo
This system was built because I like pipe organ music and wanted to hear Toccata in D Minor like I was there in person. Single fold horn like the MWM bass bin only much deeper and somewhat taller allowing for an honest 27hz low end before dropping off. Since then I have also started listening to Cello and other acoustic instruments more and more and this system has all the fidelity I want. I use a Dell Workstation for my music server and go straight from there to the Xilica 3060 which feeds the two Crown XLI 800's which then feed the two ways left and right.

For size idea on the bass bins the mouth is 19" tall and 60" wide and slopes to 42" wide on the back side. The depth is also 60" and the top and bottom, sides and plenum are all cut from 25mm Baltic Birch and the throat depth from woofer to horn mouth is 108".
 

Media information

Media category
Member's System Pics
Added by
Daveintn
Date added
View count
251
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Device
NIKON CORPORATION NIKON D40X
Aperture
ƒ/4
Focal length
18.0 mm
Exposure time
1/60 second(s)
ISO
400
Filename
Super MWM.jpg
File size
1.3 MB
Date taken
Sat, 22 February 2020 6:37 AM
Dimensions
3867px x 1788px

Share this media

Back
Top Bottom