• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Monoprice 8323 headphones- Wow!

audio1025

Active Member
Apologies if there is an existing thread on these (couldn't find on in a search).

These are a remarkable product. Very well behaved and versatile headphones. Not as detailed as some high end cans, not as big a soundstage as some but warm and accurate with a nice low end. Easy to listen to for hours.

These are closed, around the ear type with good isolation, as they are oval shaped and cover the whole ear. They fold up to be compact. Wish the vinyl padding was cloth but you can't have everything.

And did I mention that they cost $21.99- including 2 detachable cables (one long, one short) and a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter. Not sure how they do it but Monoprice is quite a company. Nice quality cables for $1.50, etc.
 
Register to hide this ad
They get pretty favorable reviews most everywhere. Supposedly they are a rebranded Kicker HP541. The Kicker sells for around $50.

cubdog
 
I just ordered three pairs, one for me and two presents. More info when I get em.


Posted via iPad, which explains the text correction errors.
 
Last edited:
Just got my cable order from Monoprice, some subwoofer coaxial and splitters and very nice quality. They were $1.50 and $2.50 respectively!
 
They just arrived. I'll be jammin' to them for a few days before I can give an opinion of performance. Build and comfort have exceeded my expectations!!
 
They just arrived. I'll be jammin' to them for a few days before I can give an opinion of performance. Build and comfort have exceeded my expectations!!

Can you tell me the dimensions of the earpad opening? HxW Thanks.

cubdog
 
At 40 ohm and 100 db they are probably borderline. I'm certainly no expert but my Sennheiser HD448s are 32 ohm and 116 db and I think they could sometimes benefit from an amp.

cubdog
 
I've listened from my iPhone 4S & iPad 2, as well as from my presonus central station. Of course the iPhone had to work a bit harder to drive the headphones, it was definitely a very listenable experience.
 
I picked these up the other day to replace the free headphones my daughter had received when she purchased her bass and amp. The fit much better. They feel much better and the sound quality is much better on these when compared to anything else I have...
Now, let me qualify that statement, cuz it really may not mean much.

1) the only other HP's I have are Bose in Ear (m/n unknown), iPod ear buds and the free HP's that came w/ a bass guitar and amp (does Fender make HP's? it was a package from them).
2) I've only listened to the MP HP's once, for about an hour; but the sound felt much deeper, and rich...and good gravy I would hope so vs that competition.
3) I have never had the privilege to listen to AKG's or Sennhieser's, so I do not have a "here is what the gold standard is" place to reference these against. But ignorance can be bliss :)

I plan on trying to do a flavor comparison tonight, just to make sure I'm not WANTING them to sound that much better.

A side note...I do occasionally feel like I'm in a laurel and hardy skit when I go to grab them, put them away or put them on w/ the "wonkiness" of the ear cups. They're all over the place...However, once you put them on they are very stable, and feel comfy.
 
My son picked up some of these, they sound great. The only thing we don't like is the thinner headphone cable. Anyone have a recommendation on a good one for ipods, plus he is getting a cmoy headphone amp and would like a 3" interconnect between the two. The ratshack is outrageous for not so great quality. Thanks for any help, highly recommend these cans.
 
My son picked up some of these, they sound great. The only thing we don't like is the thinner headphone cable. Anyone have a recommendation on a good one for ipods, plus he is getting a cmoy headphone amp and would like a 3" interconnect between the two. The ratshack is outrageous for not so great quality. Thanks for any help, highly recommend these cans.

I always check monoprice for cable option first!


Posted via iPad, which explains the text correction errors.
 
Back
Top Bottom