• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Estate sale Paragon, Detroit C/L

Register to hide this ad
Does not appear to be a real Paragon there. DIY or something else that's been hacked.

Real Paragon:
paragon_small.jpg


JBL_Paragon_056_-_Copy.JPG


Metregon?
8975771_max.gif
 
Last edited:
It does look a bit small, maybe it;'s a Metregon???

Ha!!
Great minds, eh John...:lmao:

BTW, the other components aren't in the same class. I wonder what drove it?
 
no i did not get the mac and not sure what it was. sale starts tomorrow i just talked to the lady running the sale, she said her brother is getting them refurbed sp I guess they will appear on the bay. not really in the market, cant afford the caps for the ones i have..
sorry, should have realized that is not a paragon, I have seen enought pics to know. i guess i was a little rushed due to another matter.
 
Last edited:
I'd go too, but Livonia is too far for the other stuff listed, although a Denon TT could be quite nice. Mine is :yes:
 
Well I guess I will go this afternoon and pick thru the leftovers. I normally would have been there as soon as possible, but instead I wanted to get this thing home. She came from neighboring Redford, I will post a write-up and pics in tube forum later..
 
Last edited:
The Metragon

Was sold as an enclosure for $594.00 enclosure only !
''The Metragon houses two matched loudspeaker systems'' ...''a variety of JBL systems may be installed''...

Could be anything from a pair of D123's $144.00 ''new''
to the S82 load @ $1,128.00 ''new''
That would be LE15A's with 375 / h5041's, 075 / LX5's and N7000's
and everything in between.
11 options shown in my ''little black book'' :D
 
OK, so I caved and went.
The "Paragon" is still there and still $4995. I didn't discuss it much with the sellers as they are a local estate sale company, it's not a privately run sale, and they don't deal much w/o involving their clients. I did see a cracked Lansalloy surround on the left woofer and a squarish horn above it through the grill, but there was a post-it not with D130 written on it on the check out stand, so who knows.

The rest of the sale was fully priced to high, $95 for a Marantz 2215B, $120 for a 2220B, $120 each for the Miracords and $85 for a Denon DP-37f; all with no carts. LPs were $3.00 a pop, and I picked up one. Good luck on getting $3.00 for Babs and Herb.

I did see AK'er Whell there; it's right in his neighborhood, so it wasn't a complete loss, plus I got a deck scrubber for $2.00 too.

BTW, a better picture form the estate sale company's listing..

attachment.php
 
Last edited:
OK, so I caved and went.
The "Paragon" is still there and still $4995. I didn't discuss it much with the sellers as they are a local estate sale company, it's not a privately run sale, and they don't deal much w/o involving their clients. I did see a cracked Lansalloy surround on the left woofer and a squarish horn above it through the grill, but there was a post-it not with D130 written on it on the check out stand, so who knows.

The rest of the sale was fully priced to high, $95 for a Marantz 2215B, $120 for a 2220B, $120 each for the Miracords and $85 for a Denon DP-37f; all with no carts. LPs were $3.00 a pop, and I picked up one. Good luck on getting $3.00 for Babs and Herb.

I did see AK'er Whell there; it's right in his neighborhood, so it wasn't a complete loss, plus I got a deck scrubber for $2.00 too.

BTW, a better picture form the estate sale company's listing..

attachment.php

Squarish horn +Lansalloy should = S72,S82or S92 load if its S82 it has 375 drivers !

I doubt they will get 5G's in this state.
I wonder if they are 50% off tomorrow :scratch2:
 
I wonder if they are 50% off tomorrow

I went as well... I asked if they will be discounting tomorrow and the answer was it depended on family. The guy I talked to said most likely items will be discounted but 50% is not likely. A lot of stuff there but the pricing seemed quite high.
Also the seller insisted it was a Pragon but custom built per origanal owners spec's. Supposed to be a D-130 woofer, I did not see a horn and seller had no clue as far as components inside other than the D-130
 
Well, I don't ever recall a D-130 w/ Lansalloy surrounds and the one on the right definitely had cracked Lansalloy at about 9:00. And it's a spitting image of a Metregon I saw today researching this stuff.

Moot point though, $5000, $2500, heck, even $1000 is more than I'd pay, unless I knew for sure there were 375s inside.
 
Lansalloy

Well if Andyman saw Lansalloy it wasn't a D130. I can show them the catalog,
It is definitely a Metregon.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom