• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

May buy a pair of EPI A120 speakers.....

Must be something going around - the M110s I picked up north of here that were on CL forever with an ever diminishing price had the originals replaced by a pair of Zenith Allegro 8" woofers, but the tweeters are intact. Still debating parting them out or fixing them up, as the cabinets appear to have been sitting in a humid area and the particle board has swelled a bit, especially in the back.
 
That's too bad about the cabinet damage. How are your wood working skills and tool set? I am sure a new back could be fabricated. Also, be encouraged - the 8" woofers are easier to find.
 
That's too bad about the cabinet damage. How are your wood working skills and tool set? I am sure a new back could be fabricated. Also, be encouraged - the 8" woofers are easier to find.

Thanks. Fabricating a new back is a piece of cake, woodworking wise - my wood shop is basic but well used. :D And yeah, I've tracked down a bunch of EPI/Genesis woofers for other projects. The rest of the cabinets are in OK shape, or at least workable. They're going into the winter queue for work. :thmbsp:
 
Hmmmmm. After looking at my new 10" drivers and comparing that with the image at Human Speakers, I believe I have drivers from Epi 120 B/C in my A120 cabinets. The cones look like the original A120 cones, but the basket looks like the 120 B/C basket:

Picture of 120 B/C

epi120.jpg


Picture of A120

epi-a120.jpg


My woofers

attachment.php


attachment.php
 
Back
Top Bottom