• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cool Front Loader PS-FL1

jkilla

Out of Touch
2vv8jyu.jpg

mj8kg.jpg

2lwlutt.jpg

2a9wnpf.jpg


Just got one of these on the weekend, I am liking it very much, has a very 'futuristic' feel to its operation, most front loaders that I've seen are linear track, and p-mount; This one is neither!
 
Register to hide this ad
Jkilla,

I picked up it's brother the ps fl5 last weekend. It has a speed issue that I haven't had a chance to delve into yet. But I am with you it is quite a looker. What are your impressions after listening to it?

Dave
 
Dave I haven't had a chance to check with a strobe but to my ear it sounds like mine is a bit "slow" in terms of pitch. I think in the manual there's a page explaining how to adjust it with a screwdriver. Not sure if thats the issue yours is having.
 
I have a Pioneer front loader. Love it, uses moving coil cartridge, fantastic sound, heavy as all hell.
 
I downloaded the service manual but haven't had a chance to look at it. Let me know what you find out. Mine speeds up and slows down.

Is the green "locked" light supposed to be solid green or blinking? I am guessing solid. Mine blinks.

Dave
 
I downloaded the service manual but haven't had a chance to look at it. Let me know what you find out. Mine speeds up and slows down.

Is the green "locked" light supposed to be solid green or blinking? I am guessing solid. Mine blinks.

Dave

Well mine is definitely slow, maybe a few RPM under what it should be, and the manual calls for an oscilloscope to check the speed, which I don't have on hand (who the heck does??).

All I can think of is the slow way: adjust, reassemble, test, disassemble, <repeat>. Any ideas?
14w66nd.jpg
 
Hi Jkilla,

I think you are on the right track. Mine can't keep a constant speed. It was recommended that a recap is in order. I will get to it when I can. Probably sometime next summer.

Let me know when you get it running at speed. I can live vicariously. I really would like to know how these sound.

Dave
 
Well mine is definitely slow, maybe a few RPM under what it should be, and the manual calls for an oscilloscope to check the speed, which I don't have on hand (who the heck does??).

All I can think of is the slow way: adjust, reassemble, test, disassemble, <repeat>. Any ideas?
14w66nd.jpg

After opening up the bottom of my PS-FL1, a small turn of the variable resistor later, things are sounding better! I'm going to verify with a strobe but there is an audible improvement now that I'm up to speed
 
Back
Top Bottom