• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Not enough drivers..?

Register to hide this ad
Snappy response #1:
it says the location is "north van"... is that just a little north of "white van"?

Snappy response #2:
this listing reminds me of these monstrosities (see attached):
 

Attachments

  • omega speakers.jpg
    omega speakers.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 195
Nothing like randomly placing a bunch of drivers in a box!

Web used to be a local speaker manufacturer. Most of what I have seen of theirs kicking around is crap (many did use decent oem woofers, though). Funny thing about most of them is that the cabinets tend to be high-quality build, and usually look quite nice. When it came to putting the speakers in the box though, yikes...
 
Common phenolic ring tweeters, bose 901/801 upper mid's, Altec 8" or 10" midbasses and reconed Altec 414 12" woofers. That's my guess.
 
gonzomeep said:
Common phenolic ring tweeters, bose 901/801 upper mid's, Altec 8" or 10" midbasses and reconed Altec 414 12" woofers. That's my guess.


i'd guess cts, cts/heppner, norelco, and jensen






seen a speaker (pair) that had 24 tweets, 12 mids,

and an RTR 25" woofer each,

great visual to say the least.

havent heard them tho.
 
I took a look at those woofers again, and I don't see any lead wires on the perimeter of the dust caps. I also see that the 4-5" mid's are set in a circular counter bore, like they were not original to those cabs. The midbass'es look like Altec 406 woofers. I've seen aftermarket Altec recone kits with that reddish un-doped accordian pleated surround too. Some of the aftermarket kits did not have the proper vented dustcap like those do. Dunno. What do you think? :scratch2:
 
Well, someone's just going to have to ask. :D I'd pretty much bet lunch that those are Utahs, though -- have seen quite a few oem'd woofers by Utah that look like that with the accordion cloth pleats. Web apparently would only spend money on the cabinets..:scratch2:
 
titanstats said:
Pretty sure that Web was big on Utah drivers -- have never seen anything with an Altec in it.

Yeah, those orange-surround large woofers look a LOT like Utah stuff I've seen. Either that, or maybe EV or Jensen...

Smaller woofers could be Rola, CTS or Philips...

Mids could be Philips/Norelco, Heppner or CTS.

Tweeters, Pioneer or CTS?

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Some of the cabinets do look like rescued McIntosh cabinets, don't they?

Probably $400 worth of something there...
 
I don't see anything there that even looks Altec!
If by chance there is any altecs in this mess I am sure they feel like CHIT!:yes:

Gary
 
Back
Top Bottom