• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony Collectors: Check This Out...

Register to hide this ad
Did anyone get these? I'm curious what the speakers were, junk or a serious effort that could be mistaken as junk. I found nothing about the speakers.

jocko
 
Working on it...

Negotiating with the seller now...:scratch2:

I have found out something about the speakers, but I'm going to play the cards close to the vest until the deal flies or dies....:D
 
Actually, the cassette deck looks like a great model as well - one of their TOTL late 70s models - KC-71D or better. Pricing is unclear to me in the ad, but $300 for the speakers, receiver, and decks would be great. Good luck!

Ah, good ol' Rocky Mount, up there near the parkway...
 
Actually, Rocky Mount is out East. East of Raleigh about 70 miles. Funny thing, no actual "mount" there...

I suspect those speakers might be Sony's answer to those Yamaha 1000's... I found no reference whatsoever. There cannot be a lot of them out there. ???????????????????????.

jocko
 
The SS-G5's were manufactured in the late 70's. 26kgs each - 35-20000hz +2/-4 db crossover at 600hz and 5500 hz. The G7's were the top of the range, but the G5's were no slouch. I think they sold mostly in Germany/Europe, but Axel would probably know more.

Ray
 
sigh...

The SS-G5's were manufactured in the late 70's. 26kgs each - 35-20000hz +2/-4 db crossover at 600hz and 5500 hz. The G7's were the top of the range, but the G5's were no slouch. I think they sold mostly in Germany/Europe, but Axel would probably know more.

Ray

There's no hiding anything from you guys.....:thmbsp:
 
I have a pair of SS-G4D (updated SS-G5's as far as I know, Sony naming schemes are mysterious as ever), and they are very fine speakers to me. Very easy to listen to, really let you get into the music :) Good luck on getting the deal !
 
Made a deal...

...Lot of stuff includes a TC252D RTR, and a TC-K71I (?) cassette deck, both nonfunctional to some degree. Hope to pick it all up tomorrow....Also picked up a Sony 2000 preamp tonight...The real win tonight might be the quad of GE 6L6 GC's he threw in, along with 2 6EU7's and a 7025....:thmbsp:
 
Ahhhhhh...I LOVE the taste of Mint!!!!

Picked up the SONY haul tonight...

Dig this...

attachment.php


All original boxes, packing material, and manuals....

Here's the V7...Absolutely perfect/mint. Hardly a smear on it, let alone a scuff or scratch...:banana::banana::banana:....:thmbsp:

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php



The SSG-5 speakers and the TC-K7II are in the same condition. The RTR brings up the rear...It may be a few days before I post the pix of the rest. It's still all in boxes in my living room, but I may not have a chance to get to it before Tuesday.....:D Oh yeah, and he threw in the Pioneer Headphones too FWIW. I know absolutely nothing about them....
 

Attachments

  • CIMG2564.JPG
    CIMG2564.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 324
  • CIMG2566.JPG
    CIMG2566.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 324
  • CIMG2567.JPG
    CIMG2567.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 318
  • CIMG2568.JPG
    CIMG2568.JPG
    182.8 KB · Views: 315
WOW! Nice haul there, "minty" and complete with original boxes. Super-score at that price.

I have the STR-V6, similar but a litlle lower-powered than your '7. Very nice receiver!:thmbsp: That green dial lighting is very soothing, very pretty to look at late at night, as the music plays.... :music: :yes:: :thmbsp: :D

Let us know how those speakers sound after you've tried them out, please!
 
Back
Top Bottom