• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Seattle area get-together

SpeakerLabFan

< speakerlab 7's
Yep, it's about time for another PNW get-together. We are looking at Sunday, 8/24 to be exact at my place in Edmonds - which is about 20 minutes north of Seattle. I know that's a long drive for folks in the south sound area and across the water, but hope alot of you can make it up (or across).

I will open up some rooms in the house for AKrs to bring in some gear we can listen to, mini-meet style, and have some soft drinks and snacks available. Looking forward to hearing some cool gear. I've spoken to one AKr who may bring his DQ20's for a listen. :thmbsp::music: More details to come here, save the date, and feel free to private message nosirrah or myself for any questions.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hi Dick,
I start my new Chef job on Tuesday and we'll see what my
days off will be,but the 24th is my B-day and a good
excuse to ask for the day off ?
Just starting,I dont want to push it, Anyways -
SLF gives good get togethers and any attendee's Im sure
will have a good time~
 
Hi Dick,
I start my new Chef job on Tuesday and we'll see what my
days off will be,but the 24th is my B-day and a good
excuse to ask for the day off ?
Just starting,I dont want to push it, Anyways -
SLF gives good get togethers and any attendee's Im sure
will have a good time~

Hi Mark, I understand that the tourist season is in full swing in Port Townsend but it would be great if it you can get the day off and come over. :thmbsp:
 
Have my boy then, else I'd come down just to hear those damn big Fraziers! :)

Those will be fun! Sorry you can't make it out on the 24th. I've already let the neighbor know we'd be doing some outside listening, weather permitting. She was cool about it... :music:
 
seems interest is low. Is this just a bad weekend?

I am absolutely time violated the weekend before and after. I suspect that is the case for others including this weekend as well.

Members, please prove me wrong!
 
...the call of the Fraziers

fr002.jpg
 
Ooh, those Fraziers look pretty tasty. :D Casey, I hope it clears up for Sunday, but we definitely needed some rain, or at least the plants did. :yes:
 
more details as promised...

Well, we're still on-track for Sunday, it may be a smaller group than previous gatherings as I know at least a couple of AK'rs can't make it due to work schedules - we'll catch ya next time Sluggo and LairdMcDuff.

magnetron, spaceman, klownschool, and nosirrah are planning on stopping by.
If you think you can make it, send me a PM for address / directions.

I will plan on being around at 10am and can go until later in the afternoon. I will have soft drinks, chips, cookies, etc. There are several spots close by, just a few blocks, if you want to run out for lunch type stuff -- including a Subway, Ezell's Fried Chicken (oprah recommends it), deli/cafe, and QFC grocery store. I don't drink alcohol these days, but I have lots of space in the fridge if you want to BYOB, or a sack lunch, etc.

Ooh, those Fraziers look pretty tasty. :D Casey, I hope it clears up for Sunday, but we definitely needed some rain, or at least the plants did. :yes:

I saw on the weather forecast that we are in for about 2.5 days of clear skies/sunshine starting tomorrow am. The weather models are calling for rain to move back in on Sunday afternoon as early as 2pm. So, we will have to get those Fraziers out in the yard for some listening early, before the rain starts. I've installed casters / wheels on them so it should be easy to roll 'em out / roll em back in. :thmbsp: :music:
 
Did you say we could bring stuff?

Yep, please do, I hope everybody can bring some gear that we might not have seen / heard before. We should have at least three rooms to setup for listening, although one of the rooms is kind of filled with the McIntosh/Andromedas setup :D

See post #1:

I will open up some rooms in the house for AKrs to bring in some gear we can listen to, mini-meet style, and have some soft drinks and snacks available. Looking forward to hearing some cool gear.
 
Yep, please do, I hope everybody can bring some gear that we might not have seen / heard before. We should have at least three rooms to setup for listening, although one of the rooms is kind of filled with the McIntosh/Andromedas setup :D

See post #1:

This Sunday? I'll see what I can do.
I have some speakers that none of you have ever seen or heard, but they require their own room.
 
This Sunday? I'll see what I can do.
I have some speakers that none of you have ever seen or heard, but they require their own room.

:thmbsp: ...no need for anyone to bring a complete system (unless they want to) I think I have a couple of extra pieces of gear :smoke::smoke: to power speakers, supply a source...

I might be down. Depends on what my schedule looks like this w/e... Might be changing a water pump, tho.

-J

Hope you can make it out Volvo242GT. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom