• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Seattle area get-together

I was waiting until the last minute to see if I could get
the day off but Im slated to work tomorrow,
Have a gas & take some pic's please!
 
I really would like to join all of you, but to get a day off in my job I have to request many months in advance. I work every Fri-Sat-Sun. I really wanted to bring my Carver m1.0t and see if we could do a couple of monoblocks on those Fraziers! 1000watts into each might be just enough sound energy. Y'all have fun, hear?
 
...smaller but very fun gathering this afternoon - pictures

Well a much smaller turnout this year but a great group and I had a very fun time. and thanks to Casey for noticing when the rain hit, it was a sudden cloudburst and he scrambled to save several boxes of records and cover the gear table. :thmbsp:

AK08003.jpg


IMAGE_01197.jpg


Rain on August 24th - $%@# The weather did not allow moving the Fraziers into the yard but we gave them a good listen in the bunker, and the general verdict was that these are keepers. I drove them with a McIntosh MC2505 - Rick/Klownschool suggested something with drums, we put on LedZeppelin II You Shook Me. :music:

IMAGE_01199.jpg



It was great meeting Will/Sir.Byrd and his dad. Those neon speakers are awesome.

Rick came with his large truck and a blue tarp, and we (well Rick and Frank/Magnetron) did the transfer of the second pair of Fraziers.
IMAGE_01202.jpg




The initial report from Rick is that the Fraziers made it home safely and are installed in his living room. He has a large outdoor deck looking over acreage, and I think his summer parties will never be the same. :music:

Here's a link to some additional pictures: http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/speakerlabfan/AK august 08/
 
I was thinking of you guys today as it was pouring rain
here all day long,Thanks for the pic's Dick,
Sounds like a good time was had,you guys are troopers!
 
Dick's place

Sir Byrd actually was the guy who avoided the rain damage, he was quick to grab stuff and head for the house when those Seattle clouds opened up.Thanks again Dick for having us to your place. Met some new folks and had a great time.
Wow those
Frazier's are Monsters!!!!
Casey
 
I have a few pictures I took, but they are at the other house.

It was great fun, should I host another on a non-rainy day soon?
 
Sir Byrd actually was the guy who avoided the rain damage, he was quick to grab stuff and head for the house when those Seattle clouds opened up.Thanks again Dick for having us to your place. Met some new folks and had a great time.
Wow those
Frazier's are Monsters!!!!
Casey

I have a few pictures I took, but they are at the other house.

It was great fun, should I host another on a non-rainy day soon?

Thanks for the quick saves, Will! I was really glad that the boxes of LPs got in out of the downpour right away. :thmbsp:

As always, it was great seeing new faces and old friends, and talking audio, as well as catching up on the latest buying and selling.

One of my favorite moments at the gathering was when Frank / Magnetron arrived and met Sir.Byrd. ...right away he recognized Will because he had picked up a Kenwood KT-5300 and amp from him a week earlier. ...and THAT KT-5300 tuner had started out with Casey / nosirrah, then I sold it to Will earlier this summer on Casey's behalf. round and round goes the gear! it's all good karma! :music::thmbsp:
 
Thanks for the quick saves, Will! I was really glad that the boxes of LPs got in out of the downpour right away. :thmbsp:

As always, it was great seeing new faces and old friends, and talking audio, as well as catching up on the latest buying and selling.

One of my favorite moments at the gathering was when Frank / Magnetron arrived and met Sir.Byrd. ...right away he recognized Will because he had picked up a Kenwood KT-5300 and amp from him a week earlier. ...and THAT KT-5300 tuner had started out with Casey / nosirrah, then I sold it to Will earlier this summer on Casey's behalf. round and round goes the gear! it's all good karma! :music::thmbsp:


yeah that was totally weird.
Now I don't feel so bad that he talked me down on my price.
 
Back
Top Bottom