• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

unique speakers

audionoob

New Member
hey i have these speakers that i just picked up
i dont know what they are, who they are made by
or what are the specs
if anyone knows anything about them
they have
no markings at all
 

Attachments

  • HPIM0211.JPG
    HPIM0211.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 18
  • HPIM0212.JPG
    HPIM0212.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 8
  • HPIM0213.JPG
    HPIM0213.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 15
  • HPIM0214.JPG
    HPIM0214.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
Register to hide this ad
They are Zenith. If you check inside, chances are you will see a Foster horn tweeter firing upwards and a nice alnico woofer firing down. At least that is the case with my little Zeniths. Pair them with a good sub and you will have a surprisingly nice little system.
 
Last edited:
Zenith made that stytle, I believe Sears marketed one as well, I've seen other variations as well throughout the years.
 
Very unique.Makes you wonder what the designers were thinking.Wouldn't mind hearing them.

The designers were thinking about a poor mans' version of the Ohm Walshes that were making quite an impression about that time, IMO.
At least that's what came to mind when I first saw them.
 
Those are properly known as Zenith "Circle-of-Sound" Speakers. A pair sold for ~$135 earlier this year on the auction site. Here is my pair!
 

Attachments

  • Salvation Army Speakers.jpg
    Salvation Army Speakers.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
They are Zenith. If you check inside, chances are you will see a Foster horn tweeter firing upwards and a nice alnico woofer firing down. At least that is the case with my little Zeniths. Pair them with a good sub and you will have a surprisingly nice little system.


Ahaaahhh, now I know what I was looking at a couple of months ago at a GL. Not the most attractive looking speakers.....but hey, it's the sound/music that matters. :thmbsp:
 
I have something very similar, but in a hexagonal enclosure. Single 4" or so full range driver firing up, not big on bass.. at all. I haven't listened to it in a while, so I can't really give an opinion beyond that.

Fun to look at though. If I had a pair they would get worked in somewhere; Bedroom nightstands, put houseplants on them or some such.
 
Back
Top Bottom