• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Knight 3 way 15" speaker

ml69

Super Member
Hello-
New to this forum - but wondered if anyone knows about Knight/Allied speakers here. I picked up a 15" KN 810 3 way speaker the other day. Sounds great. Any further info...?
Thanks
Mike
 
Register to hide this ad
Picture?

Many of the Allied/Knight/Realistic speakers of that day, were Jensen, Electrovoice, Altec or CTS products. With pics (especially with the drivers removed, so we can see the backsides of the drivers) we can probably figure out who made what.
 
Hello-
New to this forum thing and not sure how to post replies and send pics.
Did you get pictures of the speaker?
thanks
Mike
 
I checked my private message, but it said that the pictures weren't available. I'd just post the picture here, using the following procedure:

When you reply to this message, down at the bottom of the message entry screen there is a box that says "Attach file". Just click on "choose file", and browse to where the picture file is on your computer. Click on it, and the location should pop up into the box there. Then, hit "Submit reply"... and the picture should show up.
 
My knight 12"

Hello,

I also am using a Knight 12" 3 way coxial speaker, do anyone who made this speaker and whats the spec for them? Thank you.
 
taking a guess...

The tweeter is a variant of the very popular T-35 and the cone might be EV also. I had a pair of Knight 12" coax very similiar to yours and they were pretty decent performers.

Large ported cabinet produced the best results.

Regards, Ron
 
That 12" Knight is DEFINITELY an ElectroVoice speaker. The "Hoodwin" diffraction-horn tweeter is a dead giveaway.

Somebody had posted a bunch of pictures of some EV spec sheets for the SG-series coax and triax drivers. I think this is probably one of those... can't find the thread now, but it's around here somewhere...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Interesting, upon listening to it for awhile tho, I find out that the tweeter part makes high frequency too bright. the woofer part is awesome and brings great punch tho, do you know what frequency is the tweeter crossed to? Thanks!
 
Gordon-
thanks for your help with the pics - I'll see if this works. I believe mine was made by Jensen, I think the tweeter is for sure. Let me know what you think.
Sending the pictures in two posts.
Mike
 
Sushii- Is there a level control for the tweeter there? Usually, on those old EV drivers there is a provision for tweeter level adjustment, which should allow turning down the high end a bit. If there's nothing obvious, you can probably get to the tweeter connections inside the unit- if you unbolt that metal cap on the back of the magnet (there should be a screw in the center, under the foil label), you should be able to see some terminals in there, where the tweeter connects. You can connect in an L-pad there, and control the tweeter level...

Mike- yeah, that definitely looks like a Jensen to me. That magnet "bell" cover and that basket, it's pretty unmistakable.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Yup there is a volumne knob, however, when I turned it down a little, the treble and mid range becomes blur, any idea what happened? THanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom