• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hey fellas, check out my new ROK!

GarethJones

Active Member
Well, I've had it for a little while now, but i just got a digital camera so I thought It'd be cool to show you guys.

A very nice person brought her across the country for me, and its in pristine condition. Came with all the original documentation, brochures, templates, the original box and brochures for the esl2000 arm, and extra cartridge with the oldschool shure tracking force guage,and "official" rekokut bearing lube.

I'm planning on some mods, including, but not limited to, replacing the tonearm, casting a new plinth, bearing replacement/relube, new belt.

I should look into the electronics on the underside, simple as they are, and see if anything wants replacing as well.

*edit* I resized my pictures way too small !
 

Attachments

  • DSC00044.JPG
    DSC00044.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 355
  • tt1.jpg
    tt1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Very sweet, ESL= North American importer for Ortofon.

thanks for that tidbit, totem!
i had wondered about the striking similarities between the ortophons and my ESL.
considering its vintage its a decent arm, though the anti skate mechanism likes to drift a bit.
ill be replacing the arm at some point anyways, considering an sme 3009
 
shes an n-33h
the "h" stands for hystersis, which is the motor type.

I have an N-34H, which is similar to yours but has a different-looking motor cover. They're close but different enough that I was scratching my head trying to figure out exactly what I was looking at.
 
Nice rig. Interesting orientation on the plinth - 90 degrees off what I'm used to seeing. Any special reason?
 
Nice rig. Interesting orientation on the plinth - 90 degrees off what I'm used to seeing. Any special reason?


it does loo kinda funny but generally im lounging on my bed which you cant see in the pictures and thats the easiest way for the table to site
 
I really like that..I think I need to look for one. I'd like one to keep in original condition like this, I think they look really cool. Have fun with it..I bet with that big heavy platter and motor it's got a nice drive to the music.
 
it does loo kinda funny but generally im lounging on my bed which you cant see in the pictures and thats the easiest way for the table to site

I think you have it "right" to the extent that there's a right way. Obviously whichever orientation works for your setup is optimal. But this plinth, as opposed to most of the others I've seen, seems to be 90 degrees off given the label orientation. Presumably the label faces the front of the plinth, which is usually a long side.

Again, not a big deal in any sense, just curious.
 
Back
Top Bottom