• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Hot Topic (store) 50% off clearance items

onlysleeping

Active Member
Hot Topic has some vinyl for sale. The exciting part this weekend is they have 50% off 50% off items.

I bought Nirvana's Bleach for $3. Its not the new release, but for $3, I couldn't go wrong.

I also got a copy of The Killers Hot Fuss for $8. Its the blue colored vinyl and it even comes with a shirt!

I saw copies of a few other artists, like Avenge Sevenfold (sp?), Morrisey's latest, and a copy of Coldplay's newest. All were about $3.

There were few shirt / vinyl combos like No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom and Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction (on orange vinyl - not sure about the pressing).

The ORG release of Nevermind was there too, but it was not 50% off.

Anyways, thought I'd give everyone a heads up.
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks now im going to have to go to the mall tomorrow. I got the email too, I wouldnt mind picking up some vinyl for those kind of prices :D! now I am sad becuase i bought that killers soon as I saw it for 40. only thing I dont like about those shirt/vinyl things are, the box, its huge, its cool because its unique but it takes up the room of 5 lps. It would have been nicer if it was designed to to house more lps, be nice for the killers.
 
Thanks now im going to have to go to the mall tomorrow. I got the email too, I wouldnt mind picking up some vinyl for those kind of prices :D! now I am sad becuase i bought that killers soon as I saw it for 40. only thing I dont like about those shirt/vinyl things are, the box, its huge, its cool because its unique but it takes up the room of 5 lps. It would have been nicer if it was designed to to house more lps, be nice for the killers.

I agree, the box is bad. I thought the lp was in the box separately with the shirt. I tried opening it from the top and did a fine job ripping it up. I tore the band going around the box too. Oh well. The album wasn't damaged. I think it sounds good too! Anyone care to comment on the orange Guns n Roses?

Also I wasn't sure if I should post here or music forum.
 
I just bought The Killers-Hot Fuss (sorry, I actually like some of the music on that LP) for $8.75. And it came with a shirt that fits my girlfriend quite nicely.

Highly recommended, as even the packaging is cool, and the MSRP according to the stick on the back of my box is $35.'
 
Oh, in response to the guy that destroyed the packaging...there is a small hole in the bottom right of my album that you are supposed to pull out the plastic covering the shirt with.

My Killers LP is blue, and sounds suprisingly dynamic.
 
I went by mine today, and they had plenty of vinyl but none I could find on clearance. I might drop in sometime this week when the place isn't packed full of annoying teenagers. Keyword: annoying. The store is way too small for the inventory they have in it, anyway.

I would have been all over that Killers disc.
 
I didn't realize the box was actually a gatefold like record sleeve with space for the shirt. I thought it was a box that had a regular sleeve and the shirt...not that the shirt was part of the sleeve. Oh well. The record wasn't damaged and that's what's important.
 
I didn't realize the box was actually a gatefold like record sleeve with space for the shirt. I thought it was a box that had a regular sleeve and the shirt...not that the shirt was part of the sleeve. Oh well. The record wasn't damaged and that's what's important.

Yea i thought the same thing too when I got it, the box is nice but seems way to thick, Stoped by mine all the good stuff was gone, got morrisey, crystal meathod, and another killers hot fuss, figure i can use a blade and get rid of the extra box and give the shirt to a friend and keep one sealed, though thankfully the market has bottomed out on them on ebay. only wish i could have gotten some muse, no doubt, or some mastadon T_T.
 
I have the Guns n roses pressing , it sounds horrible , it's pressed from some sort of Digital source for sure , sound is very harsh in the High end , mids are really screwy , nice bottom end , but it just sounds off on the whole thing , it's worse than the "back to black" vinyl re-issue which i didn;t think was all that good either .
 
Thanks for the heads up. I was tempted to buy the GNR box but got the other two albums instead. Can't wait till next weekend to see if they do the sale again!
 
I stopped by the local Hot Topic while I was at the mall. The Killers LP was still full price; the only thing slightly tempting was No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, but I passed.
 
I went by tonight,which was the last night of the sale,I was told.The clearance vinyl was so cheap,I took some chances on bands I didnt know much about:The Crystal Method-Divided By Night,Watchmen soundtrack picture disc,Drop Dead, Gorgeous-In Vogue,Less Than Jake-GNVFLA,Wu-Tang-Greatest Hits.Everything for $18 out the door.
The girl told me about a related site that sells a lot of vinyl.The have the Rock and Roll High School soundtrack on vinyl there right now for 5.99
http://www.shockhound.com/?cm_mmc_o=ZBf+aB5bg*mtBgLZBAEp*4Albg+VzTw*PzEEwy+-K
 
Thanks for the heads up. I was tempted to buy the GNR box but got the other two albums instead. Can't wait till next weekend to see if they do the sale again!

Thye seem to be doing these blowouts every 2 weeks , last one was just after new years , you can get some cool stuff cheap sometimes , heye even with the G N R you still get the t-shirt & the vinyl looks cool .... I have not cracked open my no doubt one yet .
 
Where I went the killers album was also full price. Unfortunately so was the Nirvana album I was eager to get. From what I understand they have these sales quite frequently so it never hurts to stop by on the weekends.
 
Mine didn't have the Killers album at all, and Bleach was full price. They also had a nice selection of Beastie Boys discs that I'll grab when the price is right.
 
Iv'e been wanting some BB albums for a while. Especially Check Your Head. I will going to more Hot Topics this weekend. There tons of malls by where I live and ALL have Hot Topic stores
 
Back
Top Bottom